Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
As a Network Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of the Core Technologies & Operations team that builds and supports the infrastructure at Landmark Health.
You will participate in architecting, delivering, optimizing, and supporting mature technology scaling, automation, & technology improvements into engineering and all other areas of business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Be part of developing and implementing network systems, infrastructure, processes, and support (LAN, WAN, Edge, VPN, etc.) systems, infrastructure, processes, and best practices to be used by teams across LH designed to increase productivity
- Help automate management, deployment, monitoring and site reliability of network services including alerts, proactive, and reactive responses
- Participate and draw-up deep architectural designs to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, scale, security, and high availability either on-premise or in the cloud
- Recommend architecture and improvements to meet business requirements
- Design, deliver, deploy and support scalable networking solutions in support of the following domains: Hosting (data-center co-lo , cloud, hybrid, compute, storage), Disaster Recovery /BCP, Site build services (physical real-estate IT Infrastructure build & support)
- Pre-production environment design, delivery, management, and upkeep (on-premise, hybrid, or cloud) - as assigned
- Ensure all network infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Troubleshoot production issues (via trouble tickets) and any Sev 1 issues (outages), and respond to escalations
- Maintain the customer facing and corporate global data center networks and connectivity elements
- Implement, and maintain network security elements per security standards and guidelines
- Implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Verify and resolve configuration and other network related issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of related network experience
- Hands-on technical expertise in all aspects of networking (LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, etc.) as it relates to: Data Center operations, Disaster Recovery/BCP, Server OS and virtualization, Replication of IT Infrastructure between sites (Example: Zerto)
- Hands-on technical expert in the DevOps, IT Infrastructure (on premise, hybrid, cloud, migration to cloud) - including either Azure, AWS, or GCP
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as: PRTG, AppDynamics, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins
- Experience with High Availability setups using multiple strategies (master/slave, clusters, federation, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with Business users
- Built infrastructure to detect problems, monitor health and performance of networks, servers, ETL, and lower environments
- Thrive in a diverse, dynamic environment that leverages multiple tools and languages
- Live and breathe all things infrastructure automation and scalability
- Have mature opinions on how technology changes are planned, implemented and maintained
- Actively participate in maturing the Infrastructure organization
- Experience scaling infrastructure that interacts with 3rd party services
- Colocation experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Tech footprint experience:
- Wintel, Linux
- DR/BCP; Zerto, etc.
- Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMWare);
- Networking (Cisco, Dell, Fortinet)
- DB: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL;
- APM: AppDynamics, NewRelic, etc.
- DevOps platforms: Xebia, Enov8, ServiceNow, Plutora, etc.
- Puppet/Chef automation tools;
- DevOps tools/concepts
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.