What makes your career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Growth opportunities among the variety of product lines and making an impact on the healthcare system ensures it will always be challenging and exciting.
The Network Pricing Consultant supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Network Pricing Consultants conduct unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
If you currently reside in the Eastern Time Zone in the U.S., you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Perform complex conceptual analyses
- Review work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Forecast and plan resource requirements
- Authorize deviations from standards
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provide explanations and information to others on the most complex issues.
- Motivate and inspire other team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- 2+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate degree
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced - Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Pricing Consultant, Financial Analysis, Healthcare Pricing, Network Management, Healthcare Economics, Provider Network, Network Contracting, Provider Payment, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately, #RPO