Role: Patient Account Representative
Location: Concord, CA
Contract Duration: 13 weeks contract with a possibility of extension
Pay Rate: $18/hr
Shift: 8 hour rotating shifts
WHO WE ARE
AG Globe Services is one of the major providers of clinical and non-clinical healthcare staffing across the United States.
We work with Clinical and Non-Clinical professionals to be deployed at Long- Term Healthcare facilities, Hospitals, Medical Centers and Behavioral Health Facilities. We are currently looking for staff to help us in supporting our clients during Covid -19 pandemic.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
AG Globe Services values our employees’ hard work, dedication, and unselfish act to help our clients in need during this global pandemic.
AG Globe Services offers a membership- based healthcare benefits to our employees. (*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.)
Unlimited Direct Primary Care*
Unlimited Virtual DPC²
Prescription discounts of up to 65 percent
Dental and Vision discounts of up to 50 percent
Our client is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health care organization east of San Francisco serving patients in Contra Costa, Alameda and southern Solano Counties. It includes a network of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians, more than 6,000 employees, medical centers in Concord and Walnut Creek, including Contra Costa County’s only trauma center, and a Behavioral Health Center. The health system offers a full-range of medical services, including primary care, outpatient and imaging services, and is widely recognized as a leader in many specialties – neurosciences, orthopedic, cancer, cardiovascular, trauma, emergency, pediatrics and high-risk obstetrics care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling new patient and established patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
- Accepts after hour calls for TC Physicians and multiple specialty clinics.
- Completes exposure hotline paperwork and forwards to correct area according to gives caller hospital information.
- Enter class/special event registration into the correct system
- Front nurse triage calls
- Reschedules or cancels appointments
- Accept calls in multiple phone ques; including Louis and Peaches Owens Heart Hospital, Hospital Information, Healthgrades, Orthopedics New Patient, Cardio Clinic Scheduling, and others.
- Have knowledge in multiple programs including EPIC, Patriot, Intranet, Internet, Groupwise, Microsoft Excel.
- Contacts the on call physician for TMF labs, nursing homes, home health agencies, and correctly documents information into the correct system.
- Scheduling consultation referrals for both and new established patients.
- Provides the insurance department with the necessary patient information for insurance verification to be completed .
- Accurately documents in the required information systems.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information and enters into computer database.
- Accepts all calls for the Trinity Douglas Clinic and overflow calls for the Broadway Commons Clinic, Cardiology, Orthopedics, EP, Vascular, Pulmonary.
- Responsible for completion of day-to-day Patient and Physician Access and general system business office function
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative functions and leads and guides activities of assigned clerical staff
- General patient and physician interface via phone, fax, and EMR components.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED (College level, preferred)
- 1 year Customer Service, General Clerical or Medical Office Experience (Required)
- Have experience in Medical Terminology (Preferred or Must Obtain)
- Computer Skills (Hardware/Software) - Basic typewriting and computer skills (data entry or word processing) Excel, EPIC, Vision, or any EMR - Preferred
- Basic Office Equipment experience is required
- Good communication skills (verbal/written) Multi task oriented is required