Under the supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist, provides in-person and telephone reception, receives and directs new and refill prescriptions for further processing, produces computerized or typed prescription labels, packages and sells filled prescriptions and pharmaceutical merchandise, assists pharmacy personnel with clerical functions.
- Provides in-person and telephone reception.
- Receives and direct new and refill prescriptions for further processing.
- Produces computerized or typed prescription labels.
- Packages and sells filled prescriptions and pharmaceutical merchandise.
- Assists pharmacy personnel with clerical functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 30 WPM/or/6,000 KPH.
- Effective customer service and telephone reception skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical information from the prescription form.
- Good clerical ability and mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to read fine print.
- Requires the ability to lift/transport 1-50 lbs., light to moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking and frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Ability to learn to accurately operate cash register, pharmacy computer systems and other equipment.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
PrimaryLocation : California,Berkeley,Berkeley Biomedical Engineering
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A04|OPEIU|Local 29
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Pharmacy
Department : Berkeley Biomedical Engineerng - Home Infusion Phcy - 0208
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.