Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Senior Analyst – Pricing and Policy to join the Financial Products team.
Additionally, the Senior Analyst – Pricing and Policy will help lead cross-functional efforts to ensure SunPower meets all requirements to secure renewable energy incentives and grid-services revenues; complies with current and proposed consumer protection regulations; and accurately communicates utility rate and incentive information on customer proposals.
As Senior Analyst – Pricing and Policy, you will have the opportunity to participate in strategic decision-making for a business that is constantly changing and to help develop and launch products at the forefront of consumer finance and solar technology. Your analysis will impact the way tens of thousands of households go solar.
This role is cross-functional and requires a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and flexible individual who can iterate and operate in a fluid business context. Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics and financial modeling in Excel is also vital for success in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Be the subject matter expert on customer economics in SunPower’s current and potential markets
- Develop a detailed understanding of current utility rates and solar incentives in key markets to determine customer value proposition
- Develop forecasted utility tariff/metering models and customer usage curves in order to evaluate impact to customer value propositions and aid business projections and decision-making
- Validate, analyze and model customer usage data to ensure accurate system sizing and savings estimates
- Define and communicate software requirements for incentive or net-metering changes
- Operationalize new incentive programs, including researching and analyzing incentive/policy changes, and working with the operations team to implement the tracking and receipt of those incentives
- Support new market expansion due diligence by modeling projected avoided costs of power and researching incentive programs
- Track consumer protection requirements to ensure compliance and provide external policy feedback
- Provide ongoing support, communications, and training to the sales team, including acting as the SME for questions regarding the accuracy of utility and incentive assumptions in the sales proposal
- Other duties as required to support team objectives
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- BA or BS with coursework in math, statistics, computer science, or economics
- 3+ years of demonstrated analytical success. New grads with strong analytical skills will be considered
- Understanding of energy markets, utility rates and consumer and channel partner value propositions
- Ability to analyze and understand utility tariff language and extract relevant information
- Proven ability to innovatively problem solve and demonstrated entrepreneurial drive
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.