Principal Experience Designer for Small Business
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes service designs, product designers, visual designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
As a leading commercial bank, small businesses are mission critical to our business. The charter of the Small Business design team is to investigate, create, and share experiences that flow out to product teams. It’s a think/make environment, driven to answer the why and how customers experience products or services. Working with business and technology partners, Small Business XD team will use design and prototyping to guide early product/service development, bring greater clarity to engineering goals, and develop a XD-grounded point of view.
As a Principal Experience Designer, you will
- Influences teams across the organization through coaching, directing and office hours to enable as needed, to produce great work that delights clients and achieves business goals.
- Proactively seek out strategic partnerships across organizations at every level, build strong relationships with product, technology and business associates.
- Ensure a portfolio of design work is delivered on time and on budget while achieving the objectives and goals set by executive leadership.
- Evangelize and evolve our XD practice, culture and craft, lead design meetings and actively participate in critiques.
- Regularly and actively engages the XD community in conversions about craft and expertise charting a path and providing tools to develop skills as well as create new growth opportunities.
- Sets the bar in terms of the highest level of craft, quality and professionalism
You are a person who
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution, and time management.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Is a continuous learner who adapts quickly and positively to change.
- Commits to delivery dates and delivers on time
- Embraces the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations.
- Is available to travel occasionally
You are a person has (required skills)
- 10+ years of design experience with a dazzling portfolio of designs
- 6+ years of work experience as lead/senior designer and track record managing and inspiring people to achieve their maximum potential.
- Expert in user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes like Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Fail-Fast.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including exceptional listening and consultative capabilities and writing skills
- Strong organizational and influencing skills across teams, ability to engage stakeholders, to understand change readiness, manage differences and create buy-in
- Work co-located with other designers and partners. (Not remote.)
You will be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
- Mastery of design thinking, service design and human-centered design methodologies and tools, as well as command of various rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints, etc.
We are a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: