Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Principal Network Engineer will incorporate software and system architecture into conceptual designs while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
- Functional SME
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Forecasts and plans resource requirements
- Authorizes deviations from standards
- Participates in the development of business strategy
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Motivates and inspires other team members
The complexity of this role can be challenging. You'll be working on strategic programs with responsibility for providing engineering leadership to key initiatives across the organization. You'll be expected to ensure that the programs align to the IT strategy, leverage enterprise components and capabilities, advance the state of our IT assets, and expand and improve on our enterprise engineering strategy.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Cisco IOS/NX-OS
- 5+ years of routing experience
- 4+ years configuring, installing, and troubleshooting routing and switching
- 4+ years configuring switches with layer 2 and layer 3 VLans, trunking, and high availability options
- Experience working within an Enterprise size network
- Experience working within teams
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Arista experience
- Team leadership or team management experience
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
- Experience managing multiple large-scale data center networks
- 3rd level support, after hours and on-call experience
- Infrastructure automation skills- scripting, ansible tower, Teraform
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Network Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote