At Nautilus, we have a big and ambitious mission:
Establish a new era of proteomics-driven biological research, enable dramatic improvements in drug development and precision medicine, and ensure our platform technology delivers a positive impact on the lives of millions of people around the world.
We aim to do this by providing researchers, biotechnologists and clinicians with deep and unrestricted access to proteomic data, allowing them to reveal the fundamental processes at work in our bodies that drive our biology and our diseases. We believe that the field of proteomics has lagged behind the field of genomics due to a lack of innovation in the technology used to read our proteins. The Nautilus single-molecule proteomic analysis platform will help to create a revolution in life-science research using a completely novel method to deliver proteomic data at an unprecedented speed, sensitivity, scale, and ease of use.
As we continue to advance our technology platform for the detection of proteins and proteoforms, our teams are also building and exploring new applications that highlight the capabilities of single molecule analysis not currently achievable with alternative methods. These applications are driven through both internal and external efforts, where externally Nautilus is currently engaged in multiple research collaborations with industry-leading academic and biotechnology organizations. These research projects are designed to tackle interesting and thought-provoking biological questions, and to demonstrate the feasibility of performing new types of complex system analysis using our platform and methods. We intend to continue building our expertise and pioneer new approaches to proteomics research in areas such as oncology, neuroscience, epigenetics, immunology and infectious disease among others.
We are looking for an experienced research scientist and collaboration leader to join us as a Principal Scientist on our Applications Development organization. The Principal Scientist will lead our feasibility projects and engage directly with our external collaborators to design, manage, and drive our research projects to a successful outcome. Applicants should have prior experience working with external collaborators and multi-disciplinary research groups, experience designing and leading high impact projects, and a strong background in systems biology, proteomics or multiomics research, and/or subject matter expertise in our current fields of interest.
This position will also work closely with Nautilus core Research and Development teams to continue to advance the development of the Nautilus platform, learning from the collaborative projects and pushing the development of our platform to address key requirements for current collaborations, future collaboration projects, and future customers. This position will be located in San Carlos, CA and report to the Associate Director of Applications.
- You will be the Nautilus project leader for multiple collaborative projects, developing and managing collaborations and communication between Nautilus and external groups (Key Opinion Leaders, biotech, pharma)
- You will become Nautilus' subject matter expert in the research collaboration areas
- You will maintain a constant focus on relationship management, project momentum, clear communication with the collaborator, and successful execution of project goals
- You will create, develop, and enhance relationships with collaborators, Key Opinion Leaders, the Nautilus Scientific Advisory Board, and other scientific experts. Gather information to design project plans and further the development of the Nautilus platform. Serve as the liaison between external groups and Nautilus functional teams in Research and Development.
- You will ensure effective, accurate, and timely communication with external research partners: organize, lead, and manage formal meetings/calls and informal communications regarding the scientific project.
- You will track partnership deliverables aligned to development and commercial plans, instrument development, and contractual milestones
- You will mentor and/or manage Scientists and Research Associates involved in the collaboration projects
- You will efficiently manage projects with a goal of impressing collaborators and producing scientific publications, posters, or technical/application notes
- You will work on strategy with the group selecting new collaborators, developing new projects, and designing experimental plans that match scientific questions with Nautilus capabilities
- You will actively engage with the leadership team on short and long term strategy: identifying opportunities, expanding access, building a customer base, developing go to market plans, and working with teams in Business Development and Marketing
- You will develop communications and presentations related to project including collaborating on scientific articles and presenting research results as posters or presentations at scientific meetings and conferences
- PhD and 10-15 years experience in cell biology, biochemistry, proteomics, or biomedical research
- You must have experience successfully engaging with customers, building relationships with KOLs, and managing collaborations
- You must be able to learn quickly and dig into the current state of research in new fields and become conversant in scientific and technical details
- You must have previous experience handling multiple high-level projects or collaborations simultaneously
- You must have demonstrated experience working in constantly evolving environments
- You must have experience developing research plans and projects for collaborative teams
- You must have an interest in hands-on work developing a platform and driving applications
- Experience with proteomics or multiomics data is desirable
- Domain knowledge in oncology, neurodegeneration, epigenetics, aging, or immunooncology is a plus
- Prior experience in instrument development or innovative, new platform tools is desirable
http://owlandmonkey.co.uk/product/york-cliffords-tower-greetings-card/ Nautilus Team Culture
- We are curious go-getters: this is a team of life-long learners who aren't afraid to tackle the big challenges and we embrace the journey
- We are detail oriented: we do great science by working smart & with diligence where we learn from our trials and mistakes
- We are easy to work with: we want our workplace to be one where everyone can share their perspective and be treated with respect and kindness