At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We're looking for a high-energy focused Process Engineer - Facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area or the Sacramento Area who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art Micro-Electronics and Solar facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will establish process design basis, develop process options and optimizations of selected design, and calculate and organize data for process flow sheets. Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform conceptual and detailed designs for the Microelectronics and Solar Industries.
- Design ultrapure and high purity water systems; specialty gas and chemical storage and delivery systems; solvent recovery systems; wastewater and off gas treatment systems.
- Interface with other disciplines, project management, and the client to provide fully-coordinated projects.
- Support field construction efforts, including reviewing submittals, responding to questions from clients and contractors, and performing field walks.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- 10 years of experience in engineering design
- 3 years of experience in engineering design as facilities/plant engineer or as a consulting engineer of Microelectronics facilities.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Working knowledge of, PipeFlo (Professional and Compressible) and SmartPlant
- Designing and creating Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Basic understanding of 3D modeling used in design
- Willingness to travel
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.