Who We Are
Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
The Move brings the same elevated level of personal training that comes with our flagship Tempo Studio into an even smaller footprint. Using the 3D sensors on the iPhone and Tempo’s Smart System, the Move transforms your living room into a one-on-one training session with an expert coach whenever you want.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About The RoleWe’re looking for an experienced Product Lead to help Tempo expand our current offering of fitness content & verticals. In this role, you’ll work at the intersection of product, content, and computer vision to bring our industry leading form feedback and workout guidance to new form factors and content types. You will lead cross-functional teams working to make Tempo classes and programs the best experiences in the industry. You’ll tackle challenges like conceiving of how to bring Yoga uniquely to life on Tempo using our computer vision system or what compelling social features to build next for our Live classes.This a leadership role owning a critical part of our business and broad scope. You will work directly with Tempo leadership in bringing our vision to life, setting priorities, crafting a multi-year strategy, and driving day to day execution. You’ll foster a team culture and processes to seamlessly integrate hardware, software, AI, and content to create engaging and rewarding workouts that help Tempo members achieve their fitness goals. This role is based in San Francisco and has a hybrid schedule which will require commuting into the office. Responsibilities:
- Drive vision, strategy, and execution in building out new fitness experiences on Tempo
- Manage product execution from ideation to launch; define requirements, initiate and prioritize projects within engineering, assist in determining the best technical implementation, track product development, and develop product launch plans
- Prioritize initiatives & features based on strategic goals and initiatives
- Define, track and analyze key performance metrics
- Work with internal/external parties to determine requirements and feasibility of features
- Prioritize features based on requirements and timeline
- Build consensus around product roadmap across the company
- Analyze the market and work with both customers and internal teams to determine what they need
- 8+ years product experience, ideally at a consumer facing company focusing on user engagement
- Exceptional strategic thinking and communication skills
- Deep experience with successfully running complex projects that cross multiple functions or departments
- Strong analytical abilities and deep familiarity with using different types of research to understand user needs & journeys
- Ability to translate business requirements into product specifications and drive execution across cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability with superb relationship-building and communication skills to align cross-functional teams
- Ideally, you’ll have experience working with building consumer-facing applications of computer vision or AI/ML
- Candidates with experience managing and growing teams of Product Managers preferred
- Passion for fitness
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employee
- Wellness Benefit