Trutnov Job Description
Gelfand Partners Architects, 94103
Sustainable design is about ensuring environmental friendliness. It’s about social impact and creating healthy community spaces where people can thrive.
At Gelfand Partners Architects (http://www.gelfand-partners.com/) we strive to make a difference through design. As one of only ten Certified B Corporation (https://www.bcorporation.net/community/gelfand-partners-architects) architecture firms in the country, we are committed to making a meaningful impact, extending far beyond profits. We are industry leaders with a goal to be a force for good.
Our mission over the last 21 years has been to bring transformative solutions to schools, colleges, housing, community facilities, and social enterprises. We take a public interest approach to architecture, breathing new life into old buildings and creating designs with community needs in mind.
As our Project Accountant your primary goal is to master our accounting systems and become a trusted member of our accounting team.
You’ll work with the Principals to manage administrative support services, including office machines, and with outside IT support to manage technology subscriptions, leases, and contracts.
Your incredible attention to detail will be a great asset in this role. You’ll maintain records and budgets for project contracts. You’ll review, code, and process sub-consultants’ invoices for several projects. You’ll ensure accounts payable transactions are processed accurately and timely. You’re known for precision in your work, and you never let the small (but critical) details slip by unnoticed.
You focus on the details, but you also understand how they connect to the big picture.
Your work is more than just the numbers. You enjoy the world of project accounting, from inception to close.
You’ll use your strong communication skills to keep project teams abreast of relevant project accounting matters.
You’ll be part of a small, three-person accounting and administrative team, which means you’ll be exposed to many areas of accounting and office logistics. As you become more confident in your work here, you’ll also have the opportunity for growth.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
* Updating and maintaining accurate records and files in Excel and our Deltek Vision software for billable projects
* Maintaining project contract folders
* Communicating with principals, project managers, and sub-consultants
* Managing monthly client billing for assigned projects
* Accounts payable, including vendors, employee expenses, and sub-consultants: consisting of reviewing invoices, coding, and processing timely payments
* Providing phone answering support
* Help with administrative tasks when needed
* Coordinating software subscriptions, plotter and copier contracts, renewals and supplies
This is a full-time, permanent position. We offer a salary commensurate with experience, within the range of $65,000 - $75,000 per year. We have health and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, 2 weeks’ annual vacation, 9 sick days per year and provide an education reimbursement program.
We offer flex time hours, meaning you can decide when you start and end work within the hours of 7:30am and 6:30pm. Monday and Friday will be flex remote work days consistent with the demands of your position and tasks.
We are highly accessible, and transit-friendly; we are located within 3 blocks of a BART station and a Muni Metro station. We provide commuter checks for transit passes to employees, have an indoor bike rack, an exercise room and shower. Our beautifully designed office is located within a landmark building, offering high ceilings and lots of daylight.
* Experience working in an accounting role, with a focus on project contract coordination, billing and accounts payable
* Intermediate level experience with Excel (document management, data entry, working with spreadsheets)
* Experience working with accounting software in a professional capacity
* Excellent communication and organizational skills and a very high level of attention to detail
* Experience in accounting for an architectural/design firm is an asset
* Experience with Deltek Vision software is an asset
* College degree/diploma or associates degree/diploma in accounting is a plus, or qualified work experience
Stewardship of Accounting for Assigned Projects & Vendor Payables
* Experience in the A/E Industry
* Knowledge of Deltek Vision Software
* Team Oriented
* Ability to interpret and translate agreements & contracts, as they pertain to accounting and/or administrative matters
We look forward to hearing from you!