If you are a Project Engineer looking to grow your career with a recognized leader in the sustainable building and commercial tenant improvement space, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Since 1992, we've grown from our humble roots to become the contractor of choice for highly technical and challenging commercial projects as a leading sustainable building and commercial interior construction specialist. With a strong presence in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley areas, our list of clientele has grown over the year to include some of the country's most widely recognized and celebrated brands. We now have 3 offices across the Bay Area that allow us to better serve industry leaders in the biotechnology, environmental services, finance, health & wellness, law, media, real estate, retail, and manufacturing & technology space.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist project management team in the estimating and managing of all commercial tenant improvement or new construction projects to ensure quality, schedule adherence, cost control and safety standards that meet or exceed client satisfaction objectives. Support all aspects of project management and field operations where necessary, for small or medium sized construction projects.
- Support Project Manager, or other management roles in the construction process throughout all phases of the life-cycle of a project, including estimating, scheduling, subcontracting, construction administration and closeout of small tenant improvement projects.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications; review contract conditions to ensure compliance with all contract terms.
- Interpret project drawings and identify scope of work for competitively bid projects. Assemble list of qualified subcontractors and prepare invitation to bid document for each trade; assist in competitive bid process.
- Perform estimates of smaller projects and assist project manager on larger construction projects to establish project budgets and contract price.
- Create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of individual projects or change orders, RFIs, shop drawings and submittals, matters involving quality control, safety, job costing, close-out and other aspects of the project or work agreements.
- Support the change management process; update logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtain pricing, develop estimates and proposals, write change orders.
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing scheduling software; assist project manager in managing plan take-offs of materials, labor and subcontract work.
- Support project manager in negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders; assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings.
- Assist with budget tracking, job cost review and reporting; prepare and code invoices to clients and assist in the collection of receivables.
- Assemble, organize and maintain all documents needed for project commissioning and closeout activities, and manage final activities related to project closeout.
- Conduct job walks to proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions; provide assistance in initiating and completing building permit process.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field of study
- 1+ Years of General Contractor experience with related project experience in commercial construction (with related project experience in biotech, lab, and advanced technology construction)
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Basic estimating and scheduling skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Building Connect, or other project management and scheduling software. Procore certification with experience in this platform is a plus
What's In It for You
- Competitive Base Salary (Depending on Experience)
- Performance-based Annual Bonus
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Employee's Choice of Company-Provided Vehicle or Car Allowance & Gas Card
- 401k (with match!)
- Company-provided benefits (partially subsidized)
- 529 College Saving Plan!
- Company-provided Financial Advisor
- Signatory to the Carpenter's and Laborer's Union!
So, if you are a Project Engineer with experience in local biotech, life science, and advanced technology projects, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : PW2-1685561 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Pat Ward - Recruiting Manager - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.