Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Redwood City, CA
West Valley Construction Co. is a construction company specializing in underground utilities. We have a new opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team in Redwood City, CA. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with a great team on exciting projects that truly make an impact. The ideal candidate will have experience managing crews conducting work in underground utility construction.
West Valley’s corporate office is in Campbell with Operations facilities located in Campbell, Redwood City, Benicia, Stockton, Livermore, Salinas, Bakersfield, Visalia and Fresno.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all projects are completed in a timely, safe manner and within budget by managing the project management team, including assigning projects to team members, maintain project status spreadsheet for all active projects, ensure that all project requirements are met, track project back log; maintain yard scheduled for all crews; and ensure timely close out of projects.
- Contribute to business growth by providing input on bid opportunities and estimates.
- Ensure WV’s procedures and contract requirements are met for timely billing and job close out including timely oversight/analysis of billings/costs, resolving unit/code issues that are not in line with type of job, location; ensure that billings are completed daily for work completed each day; and provide Division Manager with profit status of jobs.
- Ensure change order validity by reviewing all change orders for accuracy and ensuring change orders/timesheets are identified and processed. Communicate with Sr. Project Manager regularly regarding additional project costs.
- Ensure that all subcontract and owner-operator agreements meet WVCC requirements and all insurance requirements are met. Work with Division Manager and Contract Administrator as needed.
- Provide timely, accurate month-end estimates for Division Manager’s review by coordinating with the Operations Manager and/or Project Managers for details on each project.
- Ensure collection of monies billed at the end of all projects.
- Ensure that labor/operator needs are fulfilled by hiring qualified, competent personnel following the Company’s new hire/orientation process.
- Promote long-term customer commitments by maintaining professional relationships, responding to information requests timely, resolving problems, keeping customers advised.
- Ensure timely, open communication by meeting regularly with the Division Manager and Senior Project Manager.
- Ensure effective implementation of WVCC’s safety program by holding all managers, foremen, subcontractors and others accountable for complying with safety requirements.
- Provide for compliance with all WVCC personnel policies and procedures. Work directly with the Division Manager on employee issues including leaves of absence, discipline, employee handbook implementation and standards of conduct enforcement.
Supportive duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in Company, customer/client meetings.
- Participate in grievance meeting preparation.
- Support other managers at WVCC
- B.S. in Construction Management or similar degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years underground utility construction experience
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle and Gas Card
- Annual Performance Bonus Opportunities
- Annual Holiday Bonus
- Company ownership through ESOP and Stock Purchase Plan:
- Vacation, Paid Sick Leave
- 4 Health Insurance Plans