REQUISITION ID. 45956
Provide guidance, information and services – within the agency’ mission and goals – to homeless and runaway youth and young adults in a shelter and/or transitional or supportive housing program(s)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set and contribute to a safe, dignified, orderly atmosphere by enforcing program rules, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct regular rounds of facility (including bed checks and locker checks,) and interact with clients to share information, provide supplies, and facilitate interventions.
- Ensure safety of clients by controlling access to facilities and helping to ensure adequate health and safety standards are maintained throughout the facility.
- Perform minor janitorial and maintenance duties while reporting major facility issues.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately, including contacting appropriate staff, and interacting and cooperating with police, fire, and medical personnel as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model appropriate personal interaction and life skills at all times.
- Ensure that client chores are done.
- Must be available for evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Responsible for supporting program services within the milieu. For example, crisis intervention or helping to maintain the safety of the program.
- Responsible for contributing towards the care and welfare of staff and to the clients we serve.
- Other duties as assigned.