MV Transportation is seeking an experienced Safety and Training Manager. The Safety and Training Manager will be a hands-on manager helping implement programs and procedures in compliance with State and Federal regulations and corporate and client policies and be accountable for the leadership of OSHA/CDL at the division level.
- Sets the tone for ensuring all operators are current with training requirements of company and contract.
- Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are current and meet the needs of the operating divisions.
- Resides as the expert in EPA and OSHA, CDL compliance and regulations.
- Ensures all new hires meet minimum general qualifications for each division including background and DMV checks.
- Ensures that safety technology tools are used and those results are examined, trend data is analyzed and plans are developed to reduce and then prevent future safety incidents.
- Oversees corporate safety Incentives and programs managed effectively and consistently, including assignment of Safety Points.
- Ensures a consistent safety culture throughout the locations that incorporate operations, safety and maintenance departments and emphasizes the team approach and individual responsibility of all employees to achieve common goals.
- Work with corporate claims staff to ensure that all liability and worker's compensation claims are handled promptly and effectively and, in an effort, to reduce financial liability as well as recoup on all subrogatable claims.
- Proactively manage all employee injury claims to minimize lost time and light duty claims. Work with local medical facilities to ensure that injured employees are placed on light duty as quickly as possible and are returned to full-duty status promptly.
- Oversees successful completion of all related audits including those conducted by corporate and client staff and by state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Leads the division in the area of safety organization regarding classroom and behind the wheel instruction according to corporate and client specifications in all aspects.
- Transit safety experience.
- Experience working in transit, preferably urban public.
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment preferred.
- College Degree or five (5) + years of safety management experience.
- Prefer CDS (Certified Director of Safety) and/or CSP (Certified Safety Professional) Designation. Certifications according to local contract requirements.
- Knowledge of all applicable safety rules, regulations - FTA, FMCSA, and DOT.
- Knowledge of regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Familiar with windows-based computer operating systems and Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft applications experience.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.