Scientist I-Sunnyvale, CA (onsite)
Kelly Science & Clinical has been connecting scientists with meaningful work at industry leading companies for over 25 years! Today we are excited to be hiring a Scientist I for an innovative molecular diagnostics company in Sunnyvale, CA. As the Scientist you will be working in the Infection Disease R&D group, focusing primarily on qPCR and RT-PCR assay and product development.
This position is a long-term contract position with the potential for extension or conversion.
* Hands-on experience utilizing innovative technology to develop strategies for complex in vitro diagnostic assays.
* Optimize sample preparation, qPCR and RT-PCR assays based on design input requirements
* Perform analytical studies required to demonstrate technical feasibility of complex assays, develop/implement verification studies and write technical reports.
* Preparing buffer reagents to support and optimize qPCR and RT-PCR conditions
* Handling and dealing with infectious viruses
* Contributing to design of experiments (DOE)
* Use of standard operating procedures (SOPs) or scientific methods to guide work and solve standard problems
* Bachelor’s degree and strong academic coursework or internship. OR Master's degree
* Experience with PCR and molecular biology techniques (can be from academic setting)
* Experience working with microorganisms involved in infectious diseases would be a plus
* Monday-Friday, standard working hours
*Apply today to start the conversation about what’s next in your career!*
*You should know:* Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)