We are hiring a Scientist I for our client in San Francisco to work in their Product Assurance, HID team!
The Product Assurance Scientist supports the HID business in maintaining and improving the quality of our products, which are used in applications for human identification. You will help synthesizing oligonucleotides for HID R&D projects that are involved in new product development.
Your responsibilities are:
- Work in the laboratory on synthesis of oligonucleotides on benchtop DNA synthesizer
- Carry out purification and analysis of oligonucleotides with HPLC and LC-MS
- Formulation and quantitation of oligonucleotides
- Write reports and present data in group/team meetings
- Work well with scientists from other groups
B.A. or B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related field with 0-2 years of industrial laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience with HPLC, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, LC-MS, and other lab equipment.
- experience with operation of DNA synthesizer is a plus but not required.
- Experience in synthesis, purification and analysis of oligos is a plus.
- Able to write detailed lab/technical reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Ability to work both independently and in a team
Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.