Job Title: Scientist II
Location: Fremont, CA94555
Duration: 6 Months
The candidate will contribute strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced working environment.
- Day to day duties of the scientist include the opportunity to apply a variety of analytical techniques to support process development.
- Relevant techniques are immuno-based assays for binding and impurity analysis (ELISA), purity by capillary electrophoresis (CE), qPCR, size exclusion chromatography by HPLC/UPLC, charge variants (anion/cation exchange chromatography, imaged capillary isoelectric focusing by iCE), and affinity assays by HPLC.
Other duties include:
- Initiate and complete scientific experiments per project timelines
- Independently execute test methods
- Analyze and critically review analytical data. Present analytical results in a clear manner
- Perform basic troubleshooting for technical problems
- Hands-on experience in protein analytics or analytical chemistry, with experience in 1 or 2 of the above described analytical assays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Scientist II - Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field. BS with 4+ years in protein analytics, MS with 2+ years’ experience.