About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.92 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,200 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 31 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2020 rankings of America's largest corporations.
Strategy, Digital, & Innovation (SDI)
Strategy, Digital & Innovation group is responsible for Corporate Strategy and its Digital and Innovation teams. The group positions Wells Fargo for the future by enhancing the company's focus on planning for the digital future and investing in the customer experience. The group leads corporate strategic planning; defines and manages digital platform standards and capabilities; and manages innovation priorities, opportunities, and companywide efforts to drive transformation. The team works closely with the company's Technology Group and business lines to deliver digital solutions and innovation to customers that are integrated, intuitive, and seamless across channels.
At Wells Fargo, the Enterprise Business Resiliency and Incident Management objectives are met through highly coordinated response from every line of business (LOB) and enterprise function (EF). Each LOB and EF participates in Enterprise Resiliency and Incident Management through a leader ('Resiliency Lead') who is responsible for fulfilling the enterprise requirements at the LOB/EF level. These requirements include creation, maintenance, continuous improvement, testing and implementation of resiliency and incident response plans in accordance with the policies. Moreover, the requirements include immediate and urgent responses to actual events, may they be Covid-19 pandemic, weather events or service disruptions stemming from technology issues, etc.
With this perspective, SDI is looking for an individual to lead its Business Resiliency and Incident Management programs that cover SDI's entire operation. The position will report into Delivery Transformation and Shared Services (DT&SS) team within SDI.
The individual will lead for SDI the creation and execution of business resiliency and incident response strategies, planning, testing and implementation, encompassing, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the creation and continuous improvement/maintenance of business resiliency and incident response plans as an integral part of the Enterprise strategy and in compliance with enterprise policies and enterprise requirements.
- Conduct periodic tests to ensure that the plans are robust and will lead to the outcomes the plans are designed to deliver during an actual event. Participate in design and execution of enterprise-wide resiliency and failover tests. Modify the plans on the basis of 'test and learn'.
- Maintain and continuously update plans and playbooks to reflect most current situation (e.g., changes in organization, personnel, services, architecture, third-party service providers, SLA or other business requirements, including changes to resiliency requirements). Make these changes in accordance with the requirements and standards of SDI as well as the Enterprise Resiliency and Enterprise Incident Response requirements.
- In response to events, execute the appropriate Resiliency and/or Incident Management plans in accordance with the Enterprise processes and policies and as a part of the centrally coordinated Enterprise activation of the response. Response should focus on enterprise service continuation and restoration objectives (based upon criticality of the service/function), which in SDI's case may focus on the customers' digital experience, digital functionality and/or leveraging digital channels to inform the customers.
- In accomplishing all of the above:
- Provide thought leadership to the enterprise-wide design and response and represent SDI at the enterprise level, both in strategy design, planning and testing as well as during actual events
- Lead change and deliver results through influencing and collaborating with a large team of digital and other professionals, including other leaders in SDI, Technology, Communications and Public Affairs, lines of business and the Chief Operating Office (COO)
- Demonstrate design changes that reduce costs, hand offs and response times and increase resilience (e.g., through automation)
The successful candidate will have accomplishments in building and leading high performing, industry-leading customer focused teams in the financial services industry. This executive will have experience leading a best-in-class organization leveraging highly disciplined business, financial, digital, data & analytic, and risk management processes.
- 10+ years of leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in designing and executing business resiliency/BCP/DR programs and incident management, preferably as an integral part of running a business or business-critical technology operation
- Understanding of Strategy, Digital & Innovation business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver end to end resiliency/BCP/DR solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing organization in a matrixed environment, ensure proper staffing and expertise exists and can coach and enable others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with an organized work style and the ability to work calmly in a high energy environment
- Able to demonstrate a high level of integrity with a mature approach to work
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships across the enterprise at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Educated to Bachelor degree level and/or equivalent experience/qualifications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.