WESCO is seeking a Senior Accountant. In this role, you will maintain financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. You will ensure the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. You will prepare complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. You will analyze current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. In addition, you may guide lower-level accountants.
- Prepares journal entries, analyzes accounts, prepares statements, and assists accounting manager with monthly closing and accounting reports.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries for accounts, including general ledger and document business transactions.
- Maintains and coordinates implementation of accounting and control procedures.
- Resolves and corrects billing, inventory, costing, and other accounting discrepancies.
- Prepares documentation of processes and procedures and recommends improvements.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations.
- Researches and explains general ledger account variances to trend, budget, and prior year.
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related systems’ reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommends appropriate budget levels, and ensures expenditure control.
- Explains accounting policies to staff.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains financial databases, software, and manual filing systems.
- Supervises input and handling of financial data and reports for company automated financial systems.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- 3 years required, 5 years preferred of accounting experience.
- 2+ years of public accounting experience required, Big Four experience preferred.
- Pertinent state and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Accounting theory, and application of principles and practices.
- Principles and practices of financial record keeping and reporting.
- Analysis and interpretation of complex financial and statistical data.
- Assembly and preparation of data for reports.
- Strong office and computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prepare, examine, and verify financial reports.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Able to research and analyze varieties of information.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion, including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies, including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security.