Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Legal - Our vision is to advance the company's strategy, support its transformation, and effectively manage risk through a team known for collaboration, sound judgment, and proactive advice.
We support our vision with four strategic pillars: Integrated Business Advice, Risk Management, Talent & Leadership Development, and Operational Excellence. #LegalDeptJobs
We are seeking an experienced employment attorney to join our Legal Department. The individual selected will join a team of attorneys responsible for handling employment-related legal issues for Wells Fargo & Company and its subsidiaries, including managing administrative agency claims, threatened litigation, litigation and outside counsel relationships; providing advice, counsel and risk management guidance to business line management and Human Resources; developing and drafting policies, plans, agreements and contracts; and working on reports and projects as may be needed. Wells Fargo is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V, and we encourage diverse candidates to apply.
- Applies cross-disciplinary or specialty expertise proactively to manage the most complex legal and regulatory issues.
- Expertly handles matters that have a significant impact on the Company's operations, strategies, or profitability.
- Develops relationships with and provides guidance to senior leadership, including executive officers, on issues that may present legal, regulatory, compliance, or reputational risk to the Company.
- Recognized as an expert in highly complex areas of the law, having demonstrated the ability to address significant legal matters; which may span multiple business lines and practice groups.
- Collaborates within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Takes an active role in the development of more junior staff. May lead major initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of legal-related experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government, regulatory, financial services, or technology. Active State Bar membership
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
Other Desired Qualifications
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) experience, including employment arbitration experience
- 10+ years of employment law experience, with relevant in-house experience
- Extensive experience in state and federal employment laws, regulations and enterprise HR policies
- Knowledge and experience with handling employment law matters at all litigation stages, including the administrative agency process
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives, and mentor and develop junior attorneys
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
To be determined
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.