Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Advisory Services is seeking a service-oriented Senior Director, Healthcare Managed Analytics to provide growth, strategic, and operational leadership in the area of healthcare provider and payer analytics. The Senior Director will be responsible for delivery of managed analytics deals. Key activities include supporting the diagnostic assessment of client analytics functions, developing analytics partnership solutions, leading the optimization of client analytic functions and managing client relationships in complex strategic partnerships.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with Optum analytics leaders and key client stakeholders to identify and close gaps in current client analytics function supporting financial, clinical and operational insight creation and dissemination to drive performance improvement using a service-oriented mindset
- Support the development of managed analytics programs to meet emerging customer needs, including strategy, operating model design, governance structures, data platforms and architecture, and talent
- Support the development, implementation and ongoing management of client analytics optimization agenda including functional and technology roadmap and required organizational changes to support client partnership agreements
- Serve as a liaison with client teams, and Optum managed analytics delivery teams
- Direct responsibility for the delivery oversight of large-scale program execution. Large scale programs are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk.
- Build relationships with clients for enterprise managed analytics programs with a service-oriented approach that earns high NPS scores
- Support analytics P&L, building efficient, repeatable processes to deliver profitable growth
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience managing, designing, scaling, or implementing healthcare analytics
- 10+ years of experience leading teams and driving change management in complex payer and/or provider organizations to support transformation and process improvement
- 5+ years of experience working in Management Consulting as a Senior Manager, Associate Partner for consulting OR Senior Leadership experience at the Strategy, Director level or above within a large payer or provider organization or healthcare analytics firm
- 3+ years in Health System Executive role related to population health, clinical operations, value-based care, finance, analytics, IT
- Deep experience in understanding health ecosystem - understand parameters around how payers and providers are working, how they work together, and how analytics is enabling transformation
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Familiarity with leading EHR vendors' core capabilities, including knowledge of tools and systems
- Familiarity with key operational, clinical, and financial systems that serve as the systems of record from which analytical insight is generated for payer and provider organizations
- Working knowledge of health plan and/or health system operations and performance drivers
- Experience managing a team of data analysts, with proven success to mentor, guide, develop and grow a team
- Strong business development background in managed services and/or a consulting environment
- Expertise in analytical methodologies and algorithms
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and manage a P&L against targets and deliver to targets
- Experience and credibility interacting with “C” level executives, including medical directors
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, Healthcare Managed Analytics, Health System Managed Analytics Optimization, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote