Requisition ID # 134561
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Senior Director
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location: Oakland
Norwood Position Summary
Lead the oversight of Customer Care’s Strategic IT portfolio by ensuring projects stay on budget, on scope and on time. Hold all stakeholders accountable for their actions, activities and timelines to safeguard successful delivery on the technology and associated benefits. Lead the development of the Customer Care (CC) IT solution/portfolio strategy & planning.
http://corefitnessnyc.com/testimonials/ Job Responsibilities
- Provide vision, strategy, planning and leadership for the design, development, implementation and support of IT solutions required for CC to achieve its goals and objectives including the development of a CC technology roadmap
- Ensure that all Customer Channels are aligned and utilized strategically to provide a premier customer experience; work with IT to elevate opportunities for channel enhancements that support business directives
- Drive and facilitate effective collaboration and communication regarding program assurance between the IT organization, project/program team and stakeholders
- Collaborate with other departments to implement channel/project strategies and enhancements. Coordinate, support, and provide counsel for other business-related projects that impact the channels on an as needed basis
- Accountable for project/program management assurance - schedule/cost/scope management, risk management, quality assurance, project/program reporting, benefits realization tracking/reporting, stakeholder management, project integration, and communications
- Ensure the successful implementation of new/enhanced systems on time, in scope and within budget
- Optimize IT investment which may include reducing and containing IT costs and enhancing business capabilities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring data privacy requirements are met: data security, customer’s right to data have been deleted, ability to restrict/manage/monitor employee access to data.
- Develop data governance processes to manage the governance and release of customer data to third parties. Understand impacts of Enterprise Data Management program on Customer and Communications organization and how to incorporate required standards
- Further improve business service delivery while working with IT partners to ensure IT delivery stays on track.
- Help design and present business cases for ongoing IT funding based upon development needs. (Web, IVR, Energy Insight, and CCSP)
- Develop implementation strategy to support unmet needs of LCE teams around data sharing, rate analysis, and tools for customers to understand future rate impacts on their energy usage.
- Recommend, develop, and benchmark staffing support for key technology initiatives.
- Ensure post benefit realization within the lines of business.
- Act as change management champion focusing on communication, training, stakeholder engagement across all levels.
- Proactively provides expert knowledge of industry trends and technologies as it relates to specific opportunities where technology can enhance value to the PG&E business unit and/or addresses a specific business need.
- Help to translate the business capability needs and requirements of the PG&E business units into a comprehensive, integrated technology strategy and roadmap.
- Supports the annual technology planning process on behalf of I&O
- Provides IT services that include planning, development, implementation and support for systems solutions required for the PG&E line of businesses
- Conducts analyses of asset deployment, use and acquisition, and dispose of nonperforming assets; evaluates and assess risks as part of the life cycle analysis of portfolio components.
- Leads the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
- Accountable for negotiating conflicts and ensuring identified issues are resolved.
- Provides leadership and motivation to team members
- Establish comprehensive service level agreements
- Acts as a liaison and conduit for information flow between the department team and the rest of the IT and business community, as well as with appropriate external stakeholders; manages the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Continuous monitoring of emerging tools and technologies to assure the most appropriate technology is being proposed and deployed
- Develops and manage to a set of meaningful metrics to demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of the team on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Highly collaborative, able to work cross- functionally; possessing the ability to forge relationships and partner effectively
honorifically Leadership Qualities
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related field
- Ten (10) years of IT project/program management or infrastructure/operations experience, including at least three (3) years experience managing large projects/programs in a timely, cost-effective and solutions oriented manner.
- Demonstrated experience managing large functions to successfully deliver IT initiatives and services
- M.S./M.B.A. degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, business administration, engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus
- Experience in the Utility industry/business.
- Proficient in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management
- ITIL Certification: Foundations, Practitioner, Manager
- Project Management Institute Certification: Project Management Professional
- Six Sigma Certification: Green belt, black belt, master black belt
- Infrastructure Discipline Platform Specific Certifications. For example, VMware, MS Windows, Hitachi, Cisco, etc.
- Experience implementing and previous oversight responsibility for significant PG&E programs, policies and initiatives that supported overall strategy, and operating plan for the company and individual lines of business.
- Involvement as key contributor directing a single complex company- wide function, or multiple smaller functions, that have significant impact on financial or operating plans of the company
Hiring Leader Name: Chris Zenner
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.