Local Unit & Position Description
DNV is seeking a Senior Engineer to work in or near the San Francisco Bay Area, California (worksite located in Walnut Creek)
Tasks May Include
- Perform quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of electrical drawings and support customer in assuring accuracy of the work produced by electrical team.
- Perform onsite visits at customer facilities to review electrical drawings against as-found condition.
- Supervise contractor during site visits.
- Responsible for interfacing with contractor's electrical team.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Engineering or related engineering field
- 5 years of experience as (all levels accepted): Electrical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, or closely related occupation
- 3 years of experience with one or more the following:
- Electrical drawings such as connection diagrams, electrical single line diagrams, and electrical schematics;
- Validating field configuration against electrical drawings;
- Electrical equipment relevant to oil and gas facilities;
- Applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for Electrical/mechanical equipment; and
- Preparing technical reports
- Up to 40% travel within California required.
- Must have current valid drivers license
- Able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs, push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel with that which is lifted, carried, or transported.
- Able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
DNV offers a comprehensive benefits package
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.