REAL System is a game development studio within Penumbra, a global healthcare company. We are a team consisting largely of game development veterans who’ve worked on a huge variety of games spanning the last 20 years, from Skylanders to Psychonauts, the Sims to the latest mobile games. We bring our deep experience creating beloved, cutting-edge games to making games that will make a real difference in peoples’ lives.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to be responsible for designing and implementing systems & content for the REAL System.
What You'll Work On
- Work with Product Managers, studio leadership, and fellow Game Designers to understand customer and product needs.
- Design and document features, systems, and therapeutic activities for the REAL System.
- Prototype game mechanics directly in Unreal Engine suited to the unique capabilities of the REAL System.
- Lead a pod of cross-disciplinary team members to design and implement effective therapeutic activities.
- Create levels and script logic to build effective, memorable experiences.
- Work directly with artists, engineers, animators, audio designers to create asset requirements and implement assets in Unreal.
- Determine reasonable time estimates for content creation tasks and deliver on those estimates.
- Support and mentor other designers as needed.
What You Bring
- 5+ years related experience, including a minimum of 2 shipped commercial titles on any platform.
- Ability to self-organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent knowledge of game design fundamentals.
- Experience developing in Unreal Engine 4 and VR.
- Understands relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adheres to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company
What We Offer:
• A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded
• The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
• A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.