We have an immediate contract opportunity for a Senior Healthcare Financial Analyst in Palo Alto California. Our client is a world class Healthcare System and University School of Medicine. This position is approved for 3 months and could be extended.
Pay Rate: $50 - $60/Hr.
Big Picture Skills:
- Ideal candidate will develop, prepare and interpret complex financial analyses and reports used by senior management in decision making.
- Performing extensive data mining and abstracting of financial and clinical information from various sources.
- Prepare the analysis for the support of capital and operating budgeting, business plan development (proforma, retrospective analyses), service line reporting, charge master support, revenue and reimbursement analyses, as well as the ad hoc reporting needs of management.
- Other ad hoc projects may include data reporting to governmental agencies, completion of surveys, audit preparation and special projects as assigned.
- EPSi Decision Support System experience is a plus.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assists in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget.
- Prepares monthly performance and statistical reports for the hospital and related entities.
- Prepares bi-weekly productivity reports and reviews results with leadership
- Prepares financial analyses of proposed new programs or operational changes, retrospectively reviews the performance of new programs, and assists in the development of an annual Strategic Financial Plan.
- Advises managers on financial planning, analysis and system development.
- Support managers modeling financial impacts.
- Maintains benchmarking tool and works closely with operations and clinical teams in tracking progress against established targets
- Assists in the development, implementation and management of financial systems, cost accounting systems and/or financial policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of various financial reports, business plans and analyses for management.
- Recommends procedures and implements corrective action wherever indicated in operations, areas out of compliance with hospital policy, internal controls and accounting policies, as assigned.
- Reviews and/or prepares federal, state and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of at least three years in healthcare financial analysis, reimbursement experience or public accounting & health care experience.
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Proficient with a variety of software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), systems, and query formats; SQL experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and finance including the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Chris Aiello
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!