Requisition ID # 114181
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Senior Manager
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Digital Work Management team is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile and web solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile and web solutions
- Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes through application of user-centric design thinking principles
- Rapid delivery of mobile and web applications
The Digital Work Management team is comprised of highly skilled professionals working together following agile methodology and design thinking. We are a “start-up” department within IT. We take the time to understand our partners’ needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve safety, productivity, and overall well-being.
What you will get:
- The opportunity to be part of the organization that is driving the digital transformation at PG&E
- Autonomy to lead a dynamic, growing team
- Extreme leadership support for your development and your day-to-day success
- Best in class perks and benefits
Sr. Manager of Mobile Platforms for Digital Work Management team will lead a dynamic and innovative team that is responsible for developing enterprise mobile technology platforms.
This role will partner across the IT organization to formulate, implement, operationalize, and improve our Digital Work Management portfolio of products in support of PG&E’s Digital Strategy. This dynamic and highly technical leader will develop, implement and grow our Mobile technology platform architecture and strategy in partnership with the Infrastructure, Cloud, security, and architecture groups while enabling adoption and value realization for the strategic digital assets being implemented on the Cloud.
- Refine and evolve our Mobile Engineering and DevOps vision into a measurable cross functional program focused on business value realization.
- Lead the organization to constantly deliver top quality client products on time and on budget. Bring predictability to the team’s overall performance and delivery.
- Implement and cultivate a vibrant Agile and engineering culture within engineering teams to inspire and enable the team to achieve their vision of providing highly automated Cloud and CI/CD platforms.
- Function as a subject matter expert in Mobile engineering and Cloud platforms to enable effective designs and decisions in the architecture and engineering of our platform products.
- Partner with product, business, and operations stakeholders on roadmaps, timelines, and technical strategy
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics for quality and velocity. Improve our end-to-end service availability and performance monitoring/tracking solution
- Keep up to date on industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly to our products
- Cultivate strong relationships and develop a deep understanding of business goals and initiatives to create multi-year technology plans
- Manage daily operations, ensure systems performance and service level requirements are met.
- Develop, retain, and build a diverse employee team that demonstrates engagement, motivation, and a strong results orientation.
- Sponsor Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts that lean and improve process and lower operation costs.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
The ideal leader for this position will be a fast moving, customer and people centric, business-driven technologist with a diverse skillset including strong servant leadership skills, adept at management skills with a deep passion and knowledge for Agile methodology, and a thought leader in Mobile Solutions (both custom built and SaaS platforms) with a track record of building trusted relationships built upon results.
• Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
• Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
• A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
• Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
• Using various communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
• Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
• Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
• Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
• Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
• Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in Compliance
• Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety, and
• Building on necessary level of industry, company, and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a high level of customer service
• Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business administration or related
discipline or equivalent years of job-related work experience
• Minimum 8 years of software development experience with minimum 3 years managing software engineers, preferably across multiple teams
• Experience leading a Mobile Engineering, Cloud based platform engineering organization
• Experience leading a software engineering team using Agile principles and practices
• Strong full-stack technical experience, with an emphasis on mobile app or web applications on cloud platforms
• 5-10 years of experience leading platform-oriented teams in Enterprises
• 3-5 years of experience as a Manager or Sr. Manager in an engineering capacity
• Demonstrated success as a change agent leading significant transformational initiatives in highly complex,
• Deep passion and knowledge of Agile principals, techniques, and methods
• Strong financial acumen