Requisition ID # 97369
Job Category : Environmental Management / Safety
Job Level : Senior Manager
Business Unit: Shared Services
The Land and Environmental Management Team includes a staff of approximately 450 land managers, surveyors, land rights and acquisition specialists, resource scientists, environmental field specialists and environmental planners. Our goal is to ensure that PG&E’s lands are well-managed and our property rights are protected, that we work closely with state and federal regulators to protect the unique landscapes and environmental resources found on these properties, and that we acquire and comply with all environmental permits required to conduct activities on these properties. Our work requires close integration between our team of planners, land specialists, and environmental scientists, as well as with law and environmental programs groups and the gas, electric, generation and Corporate Real Estate lines of business we support.
The Land and Environmental Management, Wildfire Rapid Review team is responsible for providing land and environmental support to the Company’s approximate 140,000 miles of electric distribution lines, with a specific focus on the approximate 25,000 miles identified as within extreme and elevated wildfire risk areas. We establish goals related to safety, customer service, affordability, land management and environmental compliance that require a collaborative, cross-functional effort of employees across the company. Together, we will become the leading corporate services organization and the leading utility in U.S.
Oversees the environmental team and support for Vegetation Management associated with Electric and Gas Distribution and Transmission assets, and for critical Wildfire risk reduction programs such as ED system hardening and microgrids. Provides organizational leadership, strategic guidance, risk management oversight, cross-company coordination, and acts as a regulatory liaison with Federal, State and Local environmental regulators. Provides strategic guidance on environmental regulatory strategies. Works with law, regulatory affairs and other internal stakeholders to develop and execute on strategy and escalations as needed. Oversees delivery of environmental permits and authorizations for construction projects and O&M activities and all compliance related with environmental programs, policies, permits and programmatic agreements. Executes environmental programs and policies that manage risk, ensure compliance, and meet business objectives.
•Provide management and leadership within the Environment organization. Including build integrated team and foster teamwork and learning across the organization.
• Evaluate trends, and identify major risks and potential problems for Lines of Busines (LOBs) supported
• Identify and review major incident root causes and corrective actions to address and prevent reoccurrence.
• Assess activities and implementation of environmental policies and report progress to senior management.
• Partner with Line of Business senior management to align on objectives, goals, compliance and execution, in addition to defining and communicating environmental metrics, roles and responsibilities.
• Provide expert and strategic guidance and support on long-term strategic planning and permitting for new programs, major projects, , and on-going environmental management support and compliance. Establish and maintain relationships across PG&E, including law, environmental policy, government relations, engineering, and with LOBs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, utility partners and peers, environmental and community organizations. Provide input on regulatory policy, environmental policy, and agency relationships based upon data and utility experience and assess the impact of current regulations and agency relationships on PG&E's ability to execute on programs and projects.
•Resolve issues/conflicts in consultation with internal and external partners.
• Responsible for administrative and policy oversight functions, including human resources planning and management, program evaluation, budget management, and metric development and reporting.
Develop and oversee consistent policy, program and project implementation, project and risk management and knowledge management across Environmental Management groups and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience leading high-functioning teams
- Environmental discipline preferred
- MS, MA, MBA or equivalent desired
- Current training and/or relevant experience in California and national regulatory and environmental permitting
- California utility experience preferred
- Experience with Utility driven Wildfire Risk Mitigation Programs
- Expertise in managing complex projects and permits, programmatic agreements with State and Federal Regulatory and Land Management Agencies