Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Assists Director of Marketing and Public Relations with marketing tracking, executive status reports, team management, database maintenance and research, and agency relationships.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 5 years of experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years of experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Relocation assistance may be available
- Communicates with the Director of Marketing and Public Relations as well as with other members of the Marketing and Public Relations Department regarding marketing projects and opportunities so as to increase understanding of marketing objectives, avoid problem situations and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Creates and schedules attractive destination vacation packages based on identifying need periods and packaging philosophies designed to drive additional revenues and attendance at events.
- Liaises with Sales, Rooms, FandB, Planning, Attractions and other marketing partners to create, price and market these vacation packages. Communicates information on all new packages, products and events to the various areas of sales, operations, accounting, etc. and makes presentations when necessary.
- Assists with uncovering opportunities to develop and implement effective advertising, cross-promotions, special events, and other marketing opportunities to generate maximum revenue.
- Analyzes database forecasts and trends to provide marketing recommendations to Sales and Marketing/Public Relations (PR) teams for short- and long-term marketing initiatives, focusing on in-the-year periods of need.
- Manages the proper administration and communication of assigned project budgets from marketing.
- Assists with the development of the annual hotel marketing plan and several additional project marketing plans within the year to achieve both short- and long-term revenue and marketing positioning.
- Conducts periodic evaluations of projects, packages and marketing initiatives to determine success rate, profitability, and viability of the product, and submits recommendations regarding enhancing or revising product.
- Manages the production of up-to-date and comprehensive team project reports for communicating status to team, director, partners and leadership.
- Manages several cross-marketing efforts with attractions, brands, strategic partners and sales team and its clients, so as to maximize company-wide revenue opportunities.
- Communicates and adheres to marketing objectives and strategies within Marketing/Public Relations Department and with other departments, partners and agencies before, during and after a marketing project is implemented.
- Manages and implements other duties as assigned.
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales and Marketing Opportunities
- Identifies and communicates with distribution channels that can sell distress inventory to drive property occupancy.
- Provides all sales channels with creative and unique tools to assist in the sales and marketing of the property.
- Acts as liaison between corporate and individual properties in rolling out programs and makes sure that properties are taking advantage of all opportunities provided through corporate.
- Works with media buyer to plan and execute advertising.
- Assists property in developing promotions for various campaigns, keeping in mind strategy and goals of promotion.
- Assists property with materials, tracking/analysis and presentations to owners.
- Acts on behalf of property with all vendors, exacting a balance between quality work and price, requesting estimates and approving all materials as needed.
Additional Marketing Responsibilities
- Keeps detailed files and records on all matters relative to property's marketing materials (photo usage rights, vendor contracts, etc.).
- Monitors property compliance with corporate marketing guidelines.
- Approves all invoicing.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Devising Sales Approaches and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Supporting Sales Implementations - Supporting customers during the implementation of sales contracts; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.