Requisition ID # 116163
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
A senior-level Product Designer in the Digital Catalyst team will lead the design and development of top-notch products for PG&E’s field workforce. You will support and help guide a product team including collaborating with the Product Owner and Stakeholders to effectively communicate the vision of a product based on human-centered design principles. You will be responsible for all phases of design research and synthesis, work-flows, prototypes and user testing. This role translates research insights into features that will improve our growing mobile and web tools suite. The designer sorts through both business process changes and user needs changes to get to the right solution. The right candidate is a self-starter who is not only comfortable designing but also experienced managing stakeholders and navigating a cumbersome bureaucratic process. Designers here are systems thinkers, storytellers, and facilitators along with having strong UX design and production skills.
What you get:
- An exciting opportunity to contribute to a best in class digital start-up design team within a large company.
- The innovative group makes products that positively impact field crew work every day.
- Unique and rich design research exposure interviewing field roles across the state of CA.
- Deep executive vision and support for the group’s success
- Chance to bring design methods and cutting-edge technology to a 150-year-old company and help deliver energy more safely, reliably, and affordably to CA.
- Hybrid work environment starting remote and then in person over time
- Lead research activities to understand user needs, synthesize this information to generate ideas and refine designs. Research is both in the field and remote depending on conditions.
- Advocate effectively for the user to Product Owner, Technical Lead/Architect and Business Stakeholders.
- Design solutions that address user pain and unmet needs with timely delivery and ready for development.
- Effectively communicate vision and detailed design to product team using appropriate design artifacts.
- Identify feature priorities and drive consensus with Product Owners to help form product roadmap.
- Work collaboratively and facilitate conversations across the design, development and business teams.
- Mentor other product designers.
- Contribute to the evolution of methods, and systems for the efficient delivery of design solutions.
- Champion user-centric design and design thinking approaches within Agile teams and the larger organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 3 years minimum
- Experience with end to end design of mobile and web applications
- Experience as a Design Lead of an agile development team
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Ability to facilitate design workshops and user research sessions
- Strong visual and UX design skills
- Skilled at working with Adobe Illustrator, Sketch and Invision
- Active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Positive results building strong relationships and influencing leadership and stakeholders
- Must live in CA and in preferably in the Bay Area so that you can attend meetings and access the field users for research
- The right candidate is a self-starter who is not only comfortable designing but also experienced managing stakeholders and navigating a cumbersome bureaucratic process. Designers here are systems thinkers, storytellers, and facilitators along with having strong UX design and production skills