At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You'll Do
This person will work cooperatively with various cross functional teams in the preparation of key sections of the Company’s external financial reports. They will be able to efficiently research and benchmark US GAAP and SEC requirements to ensure the Company’s filings not only follow regulatory requirements but also best industry practice. This individual will help to identify and assist in the enhancement of processes and technology to improve the speed and quality of the Company’s filings.
- Prepare footnotes and related financial analysis to be included in the Company’s public filings
- Detail review support provided by various teams
- Prepare or review financial information to be included in internal and external financial presentations
- Partner with Technical Accounting, FP&A, Investor Relations, Legal, Human Resources and operations teams in the preparation of external filings
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly earnings press release tables and supplementary slides
- Assist with various financial month end close activities
- Assist in gathering necessary support
- Develop and Maintain Sarbanes Oxley controls over financial reporting
- Coordinate and interact with the Company’s internal and external auditors
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting a plus
- Mix of Global or national public accounting experience, Big 4 experience preferred, and industry experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Auditing/Accounting/Finance
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting requirement
- CPA/CA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of SEC requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Workiva reporting software and XBRL experience a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
- The ideal candidate will have a contagiously positive attitude about accounting and external financial reporting with a strong work ethic. They will be an excellent communicator with a keen analytical mindset, be detail oriented, highly efficient in project management, and have very strong problem-solving skills.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo : We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project : We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership : Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168 : We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.