Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer, Mobile Apps.
Interested in applying your wealth of technical knowledge and experience towards an opportunity in the medical field and improving the lives of people with diabetes? This is an exciting position where you will be an important part of a team developing globally distributed mobile applications interfacing with our pioneering glucose sensing wearable device, Abbott Diabetes Care's FreeStyle Libre
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, develop, and test new features for the Abbott Diabetes Care FreeStyle Libre mobile application portfolio.
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, system engineers, and test engineers to build capabilities that enhance the user experience for people with diabetes
- Identify and propose tools and solutions to improve the quality and speed of software delivery
- Author required technical documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 8+ years developing and designing software products, and demonstrated experience with full software development lifecycle
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related engineering or scientific field or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience developing, shipping, and maintaining mobile applications.
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SLDC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Native mobile application development experience (android or iOS)
- Strong Swift and Objective-C or Java and Kotlin skills using development environments Xcode or Android Studio
- Strong computer science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong technical background and analytical abilities in software design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Effective communication & listening skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience developing software products requiring FDA approval.
- Experience with NFC or BLE device communications
- REST API development and integration experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.