Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Senior UI Designer (User Interface Designer) will be responsible for owning the interface design of one or more segments of OptumServe’s digital experiences. They will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders on implementing solutions that adhere to design best practices and is based on solid user research and methodology. The Senior UI Designer will work alongside developer and business analyst partners and deliver their work using an Agile framework.
- Design interface prototypes of varying levels of fidelity based on business, customer and enduser requirements
- Analyze and evaluate digital experiences to identify opportunities to enhance user comprehension, streamline usability, and implement modern aesthetics
- Mentor and develop talent in colleagues on the team and throughout the organization
- Be a lead advocate of outstanding visual design and exceptional user experience
- Manage and prioritize work in progress and while also taking initiative to stay productive
- Work with user experience designers to ensure design solutions are not only visually appealing but also meet the user’s needs and goals
- Read and understand requirements thoroughly enough to spot when something’s out of place, and know when to break the mold
- Collaborate with business partners from a variety of backgrounds such as product owners, experience designers, business analysts and many other roles within health care, operations and technology
- Work with Strategists and Design team peers to develop and maintain Sitemaps, Workflows, Schematics, Wireframes, and Comps as needed
- Present and explain design and experience decisions to team members and other stakeholders within the company to show progress and achieve consensus on feature development
- Work in an agile team environment and collaborate with development teams to deliver projects in a timely manner and ensure your vision is carried through to final product launch
- Drive and evangelize good design thinking and process (atomic design and other essential principles) in the organization while also emphasizing the importance of user-centric experiences
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, IT, MIS, Computer Science or an experience design related field
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in the graphic/user interface design field
- 2+ years of experience working in a user-centered web development environment
- Extensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with design or prototyping tools (e.g. XD, Sketch, Axure, Invision, UXPin, Miro, etc)
- Solid and flexible skills in design, digital technology and familiarity with front-end web technologies
- Working knowledge of development process, understanding how comps translate to code, and the ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent
- Portfolio demonstrating digital design expertise and skill in creating usercentered digital experiences for a variety of screens and devices
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from team members at varying levels across the company
- Ability to acquire SF86 Position of Trust/NAC
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience optimizing interfaces based on user feedback and research
- Experience in a Senior or Lead Design role
- Experience translating designs to front-end code using SCSS, Bootstrap, Jquery, and/or Angular
- Experience with Journey Mapping and Job-to-be-Done Mapping
- Usability testing experience
- Branding and Marketing experience
- Possess self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- A fearless and positive attitude towards initiatives, problems, and solutions
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior UI Designer, user experience, user interface design, UI, Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping tools, front end web development, Agile, Digital Design, Optum, OptumServe, UHG, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home