Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
At Wells Fargo, the Chief Technology Office (CTO) organization is leading technology transformation leveraging multi-cloud technology ecosystem to deliver innovative products at scale that are stable, secure, and always on. The CTO Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, roadmap, and developing cutting edge capabilities to accelerate technology transformation to ensure products and services we provide to our customers are always on.
We are hiring a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the new Site Reliability Engineering Practice within CTO. The SRE will assist in delivering enterprise capabilities that improve overall availability of 6500 applications, ensuring that Wells Fargo products and services we provide are always on. We are looking for an engineer who enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems through innovation impacting change at scale. You will join an elite team of SREs driving Technology's transformation by introducing enterprise capabilities and products, launching new platforms, building tools, automating away complex issues, and integrate with the latest technology. This role is posted as a Site Reliability Engineer; however, the Wells Fargo job title is Software Engineer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop original and/or complex code, provide coding guidance/review, and create documentation
- Apply technology background in software engineering and systems engineering to ensure the applications on-boarded to SRE are available, have full-stack observability, are integrated with CI/CD, and always-on by introducing continuous improvement through code and automation, continuous testing (performance, smoke, regression, functional, chaos), and provide operational insight through analytics.
- Instantiate SRE practices, principles, and culture through leading by example. Assist in training the organization by partnering with the Lines of Business to establish embedded SRE teams, contribute to the SRE Playbook, Engineering Academies, Tech Talks, and Demo's.
- Onboard critical customer journeys and applications to SRE
- Introduce enterprise capabilities, tools, and innovation to improve availability in a multi-cloud ecosystem by evolving observability, monitoring, logging, CI/CD integration, continuous testing (performance, smoke, regression, functional, chaos), continuous improvement, and standardization/automation of key SRE metrics and IT Service Operations processes.
- Evolve continuous inspection capabilities code quality to identify problems before they manifest in production.
- Introduce and expand AIOps, ChatOps, NoOps, build machine learning (ML) models and algorithms, and robotic process automation (RPA) to solve complex operational and systemic issues, and to improve availability of products to customers.
- Share support responsibilities for critical applications, to identify systemic issues, conduct blameless post mortems, root cause analysis, and introduce strategic solutions in code that solve the problem and eliminate repeat issues.
- Working knowledge of SRE Pillars, Service Level Agreements, Objectives and Indicators (SLA, SLO, SLI) and error budgets
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Java or Python experience
- 1+ year of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies
- Incident Management System experience
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Knowledge and understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with system administration across multiple platforms
- Experience with one or more software development languages
- Experience with one or more CI/CD and Automation tools
- Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Raleigh: 150 Fayetteville St - Raleigh, NC
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
NY-New York: 100 Park Ave - New York, NY
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.