Robert Half is seeking a mid-level Software Engineer II who will develop and support Data Services applications. Primary responsibilities include using database and AWS web services technology to develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse, data marts, data lake, and various custom applications. Complete SDLC documentation, analyze, design, implement, debug, and test for all phases of software development lifecycle. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Supports launched applications in the production environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Works as a member of a cross-functional development team to provide excellent production support and customer service in support of the RHI Business Specific Data Marts.
- Work independently in developing and maintaining RHI business reporting and analytics applications.
- Creates technical designs, develops, unit tests, and documents application enhancements and fixes using RH approved technologies.
- Work independently to analyze and provide solution for simple to moderate sized system or data related issues.
- Designs, implements, and maintains report batches using Oracle Reporting tools.
- Designs and Develops ETL processes to populate Enterprise Data Warehouse and data marts using Pentaho, and Oracle PL/SQL
- Extensive knowledge of Python programming and UNIX scripting
- Prepares code migration document and works with release team in migrating the code to QA & other environments
- Troubleshoots and resolves database, application, software configuration and ETL related performance issues
- Good working knowledge of Unix, AWS and Big Data technologies (AWS Glue, Data lake, Spark, Lambda, API Gateway, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Experience with Data models, ETL/ELT and other backend services
- Knowledge of Azure experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Java and Web development/supporting is a plus
- Good knowledge of BI tools
- Ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to constantly evolving/changing requirements
- Ability to work extended hours when needed to deliver results
- Assists in analyzing and solving complex system problems.
- Provides weekly status to the production supervisor/manager.
- Participates as a team member on projects
- Provides on-call support for production systems on a rotating schedule
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting, including experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
- 2+ years‘ of working experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting.
- 2+ years’ good working knowledge of Unix, AWS Web Services technologies (AWS Glue, Data lake, Spark, Lambda, API Gateway, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- 2+ years’ hands on experience with designs and development of ETL processes to populate enterprise Data Warehouse and data marts using Pentaho, and Oracle PL/SQL
- 2+ years’ experience writing/modifying programs for a small to mid-size application.
- 2+ years’ experience administering and/or configuring an application.
- Experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
- Good knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Good knowledge of n-tiered architecture.
- Good understand of DB concepts.
- Basic understanding of XML interfaces and web services.
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to communicate business process to technical resources.
- Ability to create complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process flow.
- Ability to gather requirements effectively; document requirements and confirm observations with business owners.
- Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements.
- Ability to create detailed and thorough test plans for medium-sized initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated customer service abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of business systems software.
- Ability to write complex queries and reports.
- Ability to work to a project plan, meeting established deliverables and timelines.
- Ability to execute based upon directions from senior team member.
- Ability to provide guidance to lower level personnel.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Ability to create thorough documentation.
- Ability to conduct meetings, gather information and present status.
- Adaptability and demonstrates good judgment.
- Works well in team on development assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against project plan.
- Strong communication skills.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP