Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SunPower is seeking a high-energy Software Product Manager for our next-generation sales and operations platform.
This role will be responsible for building upon SunPower’s sales and operations software. Core responsibilities include participation in the creation, validation, and ongoing refinement of the overall software strategy, and leading the development of the sales and operations aspects of our online portal – both as part of SunPower’s comprehensive digital strategy.
The ideal candidate will be strong both commercially and technically, and comfortable engaging with a variety of stakeholders across our customers, partners, suppliers, and internal organization. This person must have experience managing a consumer-oriented web and mobile product, and be capable of driving business-level decisions at all levels of the organization.
The product manager must be comfortable working with users to identify pain points, designers to visualize new features, and engineers to transform stories into software. He or she must be adept at writing user stories, executing with engineers, and managing an agile backlog.
The position will touch all aspects of SunPower’s sales and operations platform – from demand generation through modules ordering through ongoing solar system maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Manage the construction of the next generation of SunPower’s sales enablement software, through which SunPower’s systems, financial products, and energy services are sold. Work with the design team to develop user personas based on qualitative and quantitative data, user interviews, and user workshops
- Work with SunPower dealers and homeowners to identify software pain points
- Generate product insights based on identified feature requests, pain points, and overall software strategy
- Clearly articulate product decisions to users, the product team, internal stakeholders, and engineers
- Manage project planning, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Create, maintain, prioritize, and sequence the product backlog based on business value or ROI
- Conduct post-launch user feedback sessions to support continuous software improvement
- Provide ongoing tracking and analysis of key product competitors
- Collaborate with marketing, brand, customer experience, and other software stakeholders to create a uniform software experience across SunPower software systems
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of two years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to work with, and coordinate, cross-functional teams
• A proven ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of clients and partners
• Graduate degree (e.g. MBA) a plus, but not required
• Experience working with Agile software development teams
• Experience in the solar industry
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
• Strong communications skills – both verbal and written – and demonstrated experience communicating/operating within a multinational corporation. Ability to bridge language and cultural barriers.
• Self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced and continually changing environment
• Leadership skills and strong analytical skills
• Ability to work effectively in a complex, matrixed organization
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the United States
- Position located in Richmond, CA or remote
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.