See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Manager, Software Engineering (L5) - Segment: Integrations Developer Center
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to design and build our new Segment Integrations Developer Center.
This group owns the open source library for contributing new Action Destinations to the Segment Catalog. We have a handful of partners who have already contributed and we are looking for a leader to help us scale this to support hundreds of partners on infrastructure that streams over 1T events a month.
This group works cross functionally with internal engineering teams, professional services, and external partners to improve our open source Action Destinations framework which we leverage for the new Developer Center as well as grow our already industry-leading catalog.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage and develop a team of world-class full-stack software engineers building Twilio Segment’s integrations developer center and marketplace
- Work with other engineering, product and UX leads to define the strategy for this group
- Build a brand that attracts talent from all over the world
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A proven track record of growing teams that deliver high quality software services, partnering with product managers to solve customers’ needs
- 2+ years of engineering management experience of full stack software development teams
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing customer-facing full-stack web applications using React, Typescript, Golang, Java or similar technical stacks.
- Experience driving career growth for early-in-career, mid-level and senior full stack software engineers
- Experience managing engineering teams of 5-10 members
- Experience with hiring skilled, diverse talent from around the world
- Bonus points if you have led teams that have built developer tools or application marketplaces.
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - $220,100
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.