Guidewire provides best-in-class software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We build the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable return on investment. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
Note: This position will be 100% remote at this time and post-pandemic, it will transition to a hybrid model (at least 3 days / week in the office location at San Mateo, CA)
What You Get To Do
- Develop and build the vision for our CI/CD platform & cloud infrastructure
- Define and implement engineering standard using automation.
- Define, build, and drive the adoption of efficiency metrics across the company.
- Build solutions to constantly improve the availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of Guidewire cloud products.
- Work effectively in pair programming, communicate successfully within the team, and collaborate with other teams in various time zones.
- Continuously learn and train teams on new technologies.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a SaaS environment for large-scale enterprise; some of which were in leadership position.
- Experience in designing complex software systems
- Experience in architecting applications using framework such as Java Spring Boot, Go, NodeJS, object-oriented Python, or equivalent.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies, public cloud providers preferably AWS, CI/CD tools landscape.
- Experience with various kinds of software artifact repositories
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Have Agile, detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and ownership.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about quality and in general being an outstanding teammate.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.