Itabaianinha Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardels talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.
Bardel Entertainment Inc.
1523 west 3rd Avenue Vancouver BC V6J 1J8
201-215 Lawrence Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L2
At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for a Storyboard Artist to join our Vancouver/Kelowna studio team. Reporting to the Storyboard Supervisor, the artist will meet the aesthetic, creative, and technical quality stands of the production and in accordance with the production deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Exercise creative, inventive and compelling storytelling in accordance with the pre-established creative style and technical guidelines of the project.
- Review and adhere to the guidelines and instructions given by the Director and those set forth from the episodes which have already been completed.
- Be available for an In-House hand-out meeting with the Director and ensure that you have ample instruction and materials to begin your assignment.
- Storyboard the script In House as-written insuring that alternate suggestions have received prior approval from the Director before implementing any alternate ideas while also implementing director notes and revisions.
- Meet In-House project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by Director and the production department.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Actively participates in team / department meetings.
- Mentors and offers support to less experienced artists. Providing them with guidance and instruction in the area of department focus.
What you bring with you:
- 2 years’ experience as a Storyboard Artist on an animated series
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate
- Familiar with and have experience with 2D or 3D Animation pipelines
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character, and composition
- Working proficiency in English
Start date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Project-based contract
Work Hours: 40 per week
Hybrid Work Schedule: Remote work available
Weekly Wage: $1160/week to $1250/week ($29/hour to $31.25/hour)
- Extended medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matching RRSP
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
To apply, please apply below.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
* All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.