About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Social Impact & Sustainability Executive...
In this role, you will:
Reporting to the Chief Sustainability Officer, the Sustainable Finance Executive will lead strategic initiatives ranging from developing climate-focused tools and solutions to advancing innovation on climate change through strategic third-party partnerships. This position will provide strategic subject matter expertise to support the businesses and clients in their transitions and to effectively deliver on a $500bn commitment and transition plans. By identifying creative, impactful opportunities for Wells Fargo to engage with and develop solutions for/with its customers, clients and external stakeholders, the Executive will drive growth and awareness of Wells Fargo's climate commitment and sustainable finance capabilities.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a small team of direct report sustainable finance analysts
- Collaborate across Wells Fargo's Sustainability team and business units to assist in developing differentiated sustainable finance products and solutions
- Support thought leadership, capacity building and other initiatives of the Sustainability team and Institute for Sustainable Finance
- Lead Wells Fargo's sustainable finance taxonomy and accounting process and reporting
- Lead Wells Fargo's sustainability bond issuance and reporting
- Ensure external perspectives are understood to inform our strategy and climate initiatives
- Coordinate enterprise needs including education and training
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Deep climate finance subject matter expertise in at least one of the following areas: sustainable finance, climate/environmental/green strategy, ESG strategy, net zero strategy, carbon markets.
- Ability to perform effectively in an ever-evolving environment and successfully address multiple, high-priority matters
- Ability to create executive level presentations and deliver updates as needed.
- Leadership and team management experience, ideally in a global financial institution
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Proven success in assessing complex situations, identifying organizational and operational needs and developing/implementing strategies to address those needs
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve common ground and resolve obstacles to success
- Demonstrates critical interpersonal relations and judgment skills in working with executives, guiding executives in strategy and influencing outcomes. The ability to quickly establish credibility with management and function with peers at the corporate and divisional levels is essential.
- Strong drive, work ethic, and a sense of urgency; will flourish in a demanding work environment.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 8+ years of Social Impact or Sustainability experience, demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Management experience
- A history of strong collaboration; someone who actively seeks strategic partnerships.
- Track record of bringing different groups with competing interests together to foster solutions
- Experience leading change in an organization's culture and strategy.
- Excellent analytical ability including the ability to summarize complex issues clearly and concisely and to develop and convey cogent recommendations.
- Ability to manage and track multiple projects and activities to successful conclusion.
- Demonstrated knowledge, commitment, and experience with diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum, advanced degree preferred.
Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate.
Total Base Pay Range
173,300.00 - 359,900.00 USD Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.