The Strategic Market Senior Vice President, Relationship Management (RM SVP) has overall accountability and leadership for a multi-state territory of existing Workplace Investing Strategic Market institutional client relationships. This includes oversight of 12-14 Senior Vice President level Managing Directors (MD), approximately $300-400B in assets under administration, 80-90 institutional client relationships, and 2-3M individual participants. RM SVP is responsible for a portfolio of multi-product client relationships including the following services: Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, Health and Welfare, Stock Plan Services, Health Savings Accounts, Managed Accounts, Self Directed Brokerage, and Benefits Consulting. Position involves extensive and ongoing client contact with senior level client decision makers (CFO, CEO, SVP of HR) of existing and prospective customers, placing a premium on executive presence, benefits and financial services acumen, and consultative sales skills. RM SVP is responsible for driving overall business strategy of territory in order to maximize business results. Focus areas include client retention and loyalty, revenue growth, cross selling, and relationship risk mitigation strategies. Additional management duties include associate development, performance evaluation, compensation planning and hiring. The RM SVP is also a Supervisory Principal responsible for compliance oversite of all registered representative direct reports.
The Expertise You Have
- College degree required
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Institutional client management and growth experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience required.
- Complete series 7 & 24 exams within 90 days of hire.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong demonstrated negotiation skills spanning complex financial and service delivery related topics, both internal and client facing.
- Proven ability to navigate and influence executive level business leaders, both internal and client facing across multiple functions and businesses.
- Strong revenue management and overall financial acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, balancing the needs of the client and the organization.
- Proven leadership, coaching, and career developments skills with a tenured team of professionals
- Demonstrated consultative sales skills.
- Expert presentation, meeting management, and communication skills.
The Value You Deliver
- In cooperation with SVP Strategic Market Segment Head, develop strategy and goals for organization that produce year over year profitability.
- Ownership for execution against defined measures that result in retention and loyalty of clients and associates.
- Accountable for retention, client loyalty, profitability, and revenue growth of assigned territory.
- Influence appropriate service model for clients based on their stated goals and objectives, as well as, their economic contribution to Company.
- Build service platform and advance individual client action plans to meet key strategies and strategic objectives of the Company multi-year plan.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships (along with MD), including multiple constituencies including HR, Treasury, Legal, and Procurement.
- Serve as Executive Sponsor for key client relationships including: largest clients, clients with significant service escalations, and those clients requiring specific uptiering in level of relationships based on risk mitigation plans.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with prevalent regional and national consulting firms, representing Company and client points of view for negotiations and ongoing relationship support.
- Provide leadership across internal support organizations to provide cross functional accountability for client retention and loyalty.
- Drive engagement with internal business leaders in joint planning and client strategies to deliver upon desired outcomes.
- Serve as functional liaison for Strategic Market relationship management team effectively representing client and organizational interests with senior leaders across the enterprise.
- Provide leadership and support for all client re-pricing, renewal, and competitive rebid activity on team. Collaborate with MD and Rebid AE in these retention activities.
- Build competencies in associates to deliver outstanding results that benefit clients and Company Investments.
- Work closely with each unique associate to identify strengths and opportunities while leveraging best practices of existing talent.
- Coach and mentor to provide continued career development and evaluate performance.
- Provide leadership to create an empowered culture.
- Work in cooperation with staffing organization to develop desired competencies and experience to acquire the best and brightest talent for the organization.
- Proactively cultivate relationships with desired feeder organizations (internal and external) to produce and maintain a talent pipeline.
- Ensure that team is compliant with all appropriate rules and regulations. For example: review customer correspondence, licensing, sales literature and client presentations.