POSITION SUMMARY: Opportunity to join NuScale’s innovation team and work on research and development projects for NuScale’s grid scale small modular reactor technology, and our microreactor technology to power remote communities, remote mining and a space base on the Moon and Mars. Work will focus on systems engineering deliverables including requirements management to support design concept development, design integration and the development of new technologies for existing and new NuScale Power reactor products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solicit and develop high level design, functional and interface requirements for new technology integration and new product development and deployment.
- Improvement of requirements management process for new products.
- System concepts development and systems documentation.
- Manage system complexity and reduce risk for new product concepts.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams on complex tasks for new product concept development.
- Perform design studies and engineering deliverables including reports, drawings and calculations to support early phase product development.
- Assist engineers in requirements verification.
- Effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical disciplines.
- Provide presentations to internal and external stakeholders on R&D projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies in performing the essential functions of this position:
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Collaboration: Works well with other team members, and is able to adapt to working with members across the NuScale organization.
- Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
- Safety Culture: Adheres to the corporate safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrates understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required, with a focus in mechanical, nuclear, industrial or chemical engineering strongly preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of full-time, relevant work experience in systems engineering is required. Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of engineering principles and concepts. Must show familiarity with product development lifecycle: for example requirements definition and management; phased design; system verification, integration and testing; operation and decommissioning. Must have exceptional organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally using common forms of transportation.
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
NuScale Power, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status
COLORADO RESIDENTS ONLY: If you are a Colorado resident and this role is open for remote work, you may be eligible to receive additional information about compensation and benefits for this position, which we will provide upon request. Please send your inquiry to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.