Currently working with a dynamic culture and team for a mid-size public company that is looking for a Tax Accountant for the group. This position would support a knowledgeable Director around a variety of tax functions including compliance and provision. This role would have ample learning and growth opportunity and the overall team is very supportive and developing their people. Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years of Tax experience in public accounting or industry. Please apply for more information.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
The Tax Accountant provides support for a variety of tax matters, working closely with the tax, accounting, and reporting teams, while interacting across various internal departments and with our external tax service providers. This position supports compliance, accounting, reporting, and planning for all tax functions, including corporate income, insurance premium, and all other indirect taxes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support preparation of income and insurance premium tax returns.
- Prepare tax forms and workpapers for various tax calculations including estimates, extensions, and all other state and local tax filings.
- Maintain tax calendar ensuring all tax filing requirements are met.
- Prepare journal entries, maintain financial records, and prepare account analyses and reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of annual and interim income tax provision and footnote in accordance with U.S. general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (SAP) reporting requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from tax authorities.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge of tax law and organizational impact of changes.
- Research and analyze various tax matters.
- Perform ad-hoc responsibilities, as needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- One to three years of tax experience, public company or public accounting experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experience with enterprise/GL systems preferred (e.g., Oracle ERP).
- Must possess attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Desire to learn and continue development and growth in corporate taxation.
skills: Corporate Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.