Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated Technical Project Manager who supports our government clients. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and leading medium to large-sized projects. The projects will range in complexity and this role will be responsible for the planning and execution from start (developing the business case) to finish (project close-out). This role will manage scope, schedule, budget, quality, risks, issues, impact on systems, and dependencies with other Business Units within the company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillsets, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGS’ capabilities.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillsets, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGS’ capabilities.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will:
- Directly manage all aspects of the project lifecycle, working with matrixed IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases or iterations.
- Manage assigned projects and activities from initiation to close-out
- Support the management and planning of all project components including (but not limited to): scope management, development, and management of work plans.
- Rigorously managing scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed-upon time, cost
- Developing communication plans and effectively communicating in both verbal (e. g. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (status reports, change requests) form
- Serving as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Ensuring that sound practices are taking place replacing old processes with newer ones where feasible and providing feedback for efficiencies.
- Developing the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
- Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Accurately assessing, managing, and reporting risks and issues
Publishing periodic project status reports
- Performing additional job-related duties as requested
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Eligible to obtain and maintain Government Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- 7-10 years of experience managing Software Development Lifecycle Projects from inception to deployment
- Project Management and leadership skills in managing projects and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members, upper leadership, and stakeholders to explain technical issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to handle issues that occur during the project completion
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client’s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through various services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2020 global revenues of EUR 15.2 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high-quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.