We are looking for a Tools Programmer to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.The Tools Programmer collaborates with design, engineering, and animation teams to create and develop software tools, applications and systems to assist in game development. An ideal candidate demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, a familiarity with the workflow and challenges across a broad range of disciplines in game development, as well as a proficiency in developing various tools and scripts for content creation and management.
- Maintain and extend Ready at Dawn’s proprietary tools for asset management
- Improve content pipelines, focus on reducing iteration time and maximizing visual polish
- Research and implement artist tools for use in Maya
- Prototype and pitch creative and engine-efficient content solutions for complex visual problems
- Work closely with artists, designers, and engine/gameplay programmers to develop easy to use technologies and prioritize feature roll-out
- Debug pipeline issues as needed and propose solutions to solve them cleanly
- Maximize the team's production efficiency through various pipeline and tools improvement
- 5+ years of experience in developing tools for game development
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Balance of technical, aesthetic, problem solving, and communication skills
- Understanding of general artistic aesthetics
- Experience filtering diverse feedback from artists, designers, and programmers and propose effective solutions
- Broad knowledge of games and game development, with experience analyzing critically
- Experience shipping AAA titles
- Experience with Rust
- Experience working on content processing pipelines for game engines
- Experience working with distributed computing platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].