We're looking for a Medical Technologist, working in the Healthcare Systems & Services industry in New York, United States.
Are you a Medical Technologist who is looking to grow their career with an innovative company known for Medical Imaging?
FlexForce Tech powered by Siemens Healthineers offers access to industry experts (they design and maintain these systems we work on) with ongoing training and education.
As a Medical Technologist, you’ll work for some of the best healthcare companies across the US. Contracts for specific locations last from 12 weeks up to a year.
Our culture is based around a team of highly dedicated employees worldwide who are innovating every day, truly shaping the future of healthcare. They are passionate about healthcare and are engineers and they don’t walk away from a problem before it is solved.
- Provides information for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses.
- Provides education and training, troubleshoot, and implement Siemens Immunoassay, Chemistry, and Hemostasis analyzers.
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices.
- Ensures operation of analyzers by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies; following identification procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential.
- Performs system implementation and software upgrades, including customer training, with minimal assistance following established guidelines.
- Completes required regulatory and quality documentation in a timely manner.
- Completes certification requirements for their assigned product lines.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- May travel outside their local area to assist in supporting other territories, regions, and areas.
- Works in accordance with government regulations, FDA, and OSHA; works in accordance with the Siemens Diagnostics Quality System, including adherence to all applicable training requirements and enforcement of all company safety guidelines.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Medical Technologist background with a minimum of 3 years laboratory experience required in Chem/IA
- Siemens equipment experience requested but not mandatory: Atellica Solution
- ASCP MT Certification or equivalent 4-year degree
- Local State Licensure
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal needed
- Interact with lab staff in an autonomous responsible, professional, and ethical manner
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative