Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumServe Consulting/The Lewin Group (OSC/Lewin), a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm, brings 50 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors.
In the wide-ranging field of health human services consulting, OSC/Lewin provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Currently, OSC/Lewin has more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a strong commitment to OSC/Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision, and dedication to client satisfaction.
At OSC/Lewin, we help federal decision-makers strengthen health and human services programs, make informed policy choices, and implement critical initiatives. OSC/Lewin also works with foundations and associations to research and evaluate complex health care and human services needs. By delivering objective, data-driven research, program planning and development, technical assistance, implementation, post-implementation analytics, and evaluations, OSC/Lewin supports current program activities, informs future program investments and supports strategic decision processes that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
The Vice President will provide support on a number of projects including program design, implementation, evaluations, policy analysis etc. The Vice President will be charged with creating a cohesive strategy for sector growth and executing against that strategy. In collaboration with current staff across the organization, the Vice President will work to provide unparalleled client service, produce the highest quality deliverables, and innovate across the market.
From a relationship and business growth perspective, the Vice President will be responsible for developing new client relationships, attaining new contracts, and broadening the firm’s work. While managing and attaining their own individual new business development goal, the Vice President will strengthen and grow key client relationships and build upon their reputation as a trusted advisor to those organizations regarding health care program evaluations. the Vice President will also advance business development opportunities for team members.
In terms of execution, the Vice President will build upon a successful track record of performance and a reputation for delivering high quality results. the Vice President will foster a culture of accountability and high performance within communicated project timelines.
From a team leadership perspective, the Vice President will engage quickly and directly with internal and external stakeholders and proactively partner with senior leaders to drive to conclusions and think creatively. The Vice President will be a leader, and notably one who can build on the energy and momentum of the growing team. the Vice President will identify and develop key hires to augment the functional skill set.
The Vice President will also recognize the unique value proposition inherent in Lewin’s expertise serving the health care space and will advance the team’s and firm’s reputation in the area. The successful candidate will possess an unbiased, approach and will act quickly to establish oneself as a trusted member of the team and be relied upon to lead the team effectively and with commitment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Advanced degree in health services research, economics, business, public health, or related field
- Senior health policy professional with 15+ years industry experience in clinical healthcare delivery, health/human services research analysis, quality improvement, evaluation, implementation, and/or policy expertise including solid quantitative skills
- 10+ years of experience leading the design and execution of projects and policy studies and managing a team of senior staff through execution
- Experience analyzing large administrative healthcare data
- Experience leading, designing and conducting program evaluations, preferably for federal programs, including those at CMS
- Solid business acumen - well-regarded within health and human policy, research, and/or consulting environment(s), with experience working within or on behalf of major Federal agencies
- Experience attaining revenue targets, and managing multiple, sophisticated projects and adept at business development (demonstrated success achieving individual new business development goals)
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving, data management, study design, and study implementation
- Broad understanding of federal health policy issues, with ability to work in multiple areas serving as a subject matter expert
- Proven skills in the development, implementation and execution of strategic plans, the integration of complex projects, and the ability to identify future opportunities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex findings to non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated, with demonstrated success leading cross-functional project teams
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health Policy, Clinical Healthcare, Health Human Services Research Analysis, Quality Improvement, Evaluation, Quantitative, Healthcare Data, Policy Studies, Federal Health, CMS, Program Evaluations, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote