Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumInsight provides software and information products, advisory consulting services and business process outsourcing to participants in the health care industry. Government agencies, hospitals, physicians, commercial health plans, life sciences companies and other organizations that comprise the health care system work with OptumInsight to reduce costs, meet compliance mandates, improve clinical performance and adapt to the changing health system landscape. Government officials count on Optum to improve the efficiency and quality of their healthcare and human services programs. Our breadth of experience gives us a unique perspective and an unmatched ability to transform the performance of programs and improve the outcomes of the people you serve.
In our State Government Systems business unit, we support forty state Medicaid agencies with an array of effective complex population health services, advanced analytics, policy and program consulting, program integrity services, and health information technology solutions. The State Client Relationship Executive (CRE) is the lead Business Development representative for Optum State Government in their designated territory. State CREs lead, influence, and execute sales efforts for Optum's core capabilities for Direct to State opportunities. The CRE is responsible for developing strategies to meet State's goals and coordinating multifaceted teams within a highly matrixed organization. This is a quota carrying position with main emphasis on net new business.
- Lead, influence, and execute sales efforts for Optum's core capabilities for Direct to State opportunities. These include data management / analytics, Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), integrated eligibility and program integrity enterprise solutions for State Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies
- Coordinate multifaceted teams within a highly matrixed organization to execute the sales process including participating in State RFP responses
- Quota carrying position with main emphasis on net new business
- Qualify and maintain predictable pipeline of Optum opportunities in designated territory
This position covers a Northwest regional state territory. You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years leading business development with healthcare related services meeting and exceeding quota numbers
- 3+ business development experience with sales into state government
- Experience selling technology solutions to clients
- Experience with Medicaid programs
- Experience working in a cross-matrixed environment and leading complex sales pursuits
- 50% travel (minimum, you control your travel schedule, home on weekends)
- Sales track record specific to State government clients
- Existing relationships with State government client base
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $90,000 to $175,000 (Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance.). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Client Executive, Business Development, Sales, State Government, MMIS, Medicaid, Healthcare, Technology Solutions, Northwest, Travel, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home