Company is looking for a senior leader of its global Manufacturing Operations. In this role you will report directly to our COO and be responsible for all aspects of our international production and supply chain. You must be a hands-on leader who can manage global production, planning, sourcing, and supply chain development. You will bring deep experience in electronics manufacturing to support the rapid growth of the business, meeting the needs and expectations of our customers while effectively managing cost and quality.
You will be responsible for driving effective operational strategies and will work closely with Product, Engineering and Professional Services leadership to support new product introductions and sustaining production. Building relationships with key vendors and partners will be essential to your success, along with bringing a strong technical background to the role.
- Lead and manage all aspects of Company’s international manufacturing, supply chain, procurement, quality, testing and logistics functions.
- Develop and effectively communicate a top tier operations vision, strategic direction, and resource requirements sufficient to deliver robust solutions
- Manage vendor relationships, plan procurement of key components and supervise distribution and logistics with 3PL partners.
- Oversee the development and execution of the strategic sourcing team with oversight of supply agreements and contracts with both indirect and direct vendors and partners
- Codify and implement our process for supplier sourcing, selection, and monitoring.
- Travel to CMs and key component suppliers world-wide to ensure close relationships and closed-loop learning between vendors and engineering to achieve cost reduction and quality targets.
- Work closely with our Product and Hardware Engineering teams as they work to develop and integrate new products to market. You’ll need to ensure a smooth transition from R&D efforts through to mass production manufacturing.
- Implement operational process improvements to increase efficiency in material ordering, inventory management, and data management
- Oversee improvements to the Quality and Testing functions, specifically implement process improvements to prevent online defects, reduce field failures and increase velocity of production.
- Understand key trends and developments in the global supply chain, logistics, and procurement space and work to integrate new ideas and technologies into our approaches and workflows.
- Initiate and participate in strategy discussions to ensure that decisions align with agreed upon business direction and processes.
- Lead the team of manufacturing operations professionals in daily execution and developing broader strategic approaches. Identify, recruit, develop and train your team. Initiate methods to encourage effective leadership, decision-making, collaboration and innovation.
- 15+ years supply chain knowledge and experience in a leadership position
- Conversational fluency in Mandarin
- BS degree in Engineering, Operations or a related field
- Proven success scaling global operations and supply chain in a start-up environment to deliver on cost, quality and predictability targets
- Direct experience negotiating mutually beneficial partnerships with major contract manufacturers in APAC for fabrication and assembly of reasonably complex machinery
- A strong technical foundation, with knowledge of engineering design, manufacturing methods, process improvement programs, lean manufacturing, security and quality procedures
- Accomplishments in driving down total cost of ownership through international supply chain sourcing activities, including the use of a broad network of supply chain contacts
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve year over year efficiency and cost improvements while maintaining critical strategic relationships
- Experienced in manufacturing analytics, quality assurance and root cause analysis
- You have a builder’s mindset and can shift easily between strategic thinking to rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
- You work well cross-functionally across the organization
- Outstanding managerial and employee development skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive, collaborative manner. Ability to work well on cross-functional basis internally and with business partners