Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly's edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers' applications as close to their end-users as possible - at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly's customers include many of the world's most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Amatitlán Vice President, Procurement
Fastly is looking for a dedicated and multifaceted Vice President, Procurement. The role reports to the Chief Financial Officer . The Vice President will be responsible to develop, implement and oversee procurement operations, procurement services support (systems, processes, procedures, contracts, analytics, compliance), supplier quantity reductions, quality improvements and strategic relationship development. The Vice President will have a mandate to maximize savings, establish a standardized set of best-in-class policies, processes, procedures and standards, optimize existing applications (Coupa) and develop a robust strategic supplier program. Equally important, the Vice President will develop sourcing strategies, procurement processes (and track performance using metrics) that enable Fastly to accelerate profitable growth while driving efficiency, reducing spend and total cost of ownership. The Vice President will partner with Department leaders across Fastly to manage stakeholder relationships and achieve buy-in for the sourcing strategies and business case for change.
- Establish a requisition and purchase order process and drive implementation of supporting systems
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for approximately $300+ million in addressable spend
- Define and implement best-in-class processes and supporting technology to improve efficiencies, analytics, reporting and compliance
- Lead the development of annual strategic sourcing plans, execution of those plans and achievement of maximized savings within each spend category
- Draft and implement sourcing policies and help define enforcement approach with senior leadership
- Build a team of procurement talent
- Establish and develop collaborative relationships with Fastly's Department leaders
- Develop and execute the appropriate category-based sourcing strategies based on the purchasing requirements of the Company
- Develop relationships with key suppliers that are strategic to the success of the business
- Actively work to appropriately reduce the number of suppliers being used while ensuring the Company maintains robust competition within all categories
- Lead the effort to create a long-range cost/demand assumption forecast, including use of predictive analytics to forecast future purchasing demand requirements versus past purchasing history
- Set and achieve cost savings targets
- Be the face of the procurement function, set the agenda, communicate with key stakeholders and ensure senior leadership is aware of progress/roadblocks and results
- Drive innovative solutions, from restructuring supplier relationships to reengineering spend with an overall goal of increasing value creation while appropriately streamlining spend
- Work with HR, Finance, Operations and other key stakeholders to clearly define decision and spend rights across the enterprise
- Create an effective supplier management approach to drive innovation and growth, as well as on-boarding of new suppliers, quality controls and continuous improvement
order isotretinoin canada What We're Looking For
- A true procurement expert with at least 10 years experience leading a procurement function managing $500+ million in addressable spend
- 5 years' experience in a strategic sourcing role with expertise influencing business strategy and vendor relations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting and/or Mathematics. M BA or advanced degree preferred
- Experience in achieving $25+ million procurement cost take-out per year in a geographically dispersed, distributed leadership environment
- Experience in a large-scale Procurement leadership role demonstrating strong technical and analytical skills and a track record of working in a team environment and delivering on savings targets
- Extensive knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies and/or category management processes
- Ability to work across all segments of the Procurement value chain - sourcing, contract management, procure-to-pay, eSourcing, vendor risk management, vendor management
- Experience leading major projects and change programs that have positively impacted the business
- Experience leading a procurement organization across an organizational maturity model
- Proven track record of excellent negotiation skills and can represent Fastly's interests in interactions with suppliers and other third parties at the highest levels
- Proven experience in developing deep supplier partnerships and in consolidating suppliers across a distributed organization
- Exceptional management/team leadership skills evidenced by a track record of success leading enterprise-level cost initiatives requiring coordination of cross-functional team members with varied backgrounds and skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act as a thought partner with peers, senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience using quantitative and analytical capabilities along with the ability to translate analysis into management insights, actions and results using procurement and vendor data, as well as supply market insights
- Proven ability to oversee an effective supplier management program
- Experience leading the implementation of strategic sourcing and procurement systems and tools to deliver effective management reporting and compliance tracking
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to effect strategic direction
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly's minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $236,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company's sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives . Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly's home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.